GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default any mechanics here? I have a 1997 chevy blazer with rough idling any ideas?

Help i have a 97 chevy blazer and it is really me off i have changed the injectors after i changed the injectors it started to run rough it didnt do it before the new injectors we hooked up a car md and it read that bank 3 was misfiring and i changed that spark plug and it is still running the same. it runs rough in park and kinda jumps up and it acts like it does nt have all the power it suppose to have any suggestions> ??????? also someone said it may be the o2 sensors and also may be the pcv valve? any ideas please help i cant afford labor costs!!!!!

clean throttle body and tps with proper cleaners and i think you will discover a new running blazer.

it read that bank 3 was misfiring and i changed that spark plug and it is still running the same.
    Did the misfire code go away? Is it consistently on #3 or does it move around? There's certainly a lot more to a misfire than a bad spark plug. O2 sensor certainly possible, but do you have any concrete indication that the O2 sensor is bad (O2 sensor code or data)? At this point, my advice would be to hook the car md back up, clear the old code, then scan it again for new codes. Diagnose from there.
    '98 K1500 Suburban LS 5.7 L 4L60E NV246 ARB
    '92 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0 L A4LD BW13-54 Trac-loc rear
    "My toys were the greasy cogs and springs and pistons that lay around all over the place, and these, I can promise you, were far more fun to play with than most of the plastic rubbish children are given nowadays." Danny in Roald Dahl's Danny The Champion of the World

check your fuel pressure, and check your compression in each cylinder first.
    both tools can be rented for FREE at an autoparts store and take only a few moments.
    if they both come back OK then you know your repair bill with be $XXX rather than $XXXX+
    lol
    but if you have already changed the injectors and plugs.... push-rod may be bent. idk. do those tests first.
    Gas was $1.83 when Obama took office.....

Did you change the wires?
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Hey guys, this is an old (May 2012) thread, op has not been back.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)