GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Fender Flares with stock sized tires?

Anyone have any suggestions for bolt on looking fender flares for 1500 gmc trucks running stock sized 31" tires ? All of the manufacturers show modified trucks with bigger wheel and tire combo's and I just don't want to make my truck look dinky but it needs something to set it off. Anyone running stock sized tires with flares and have some advice?

IMO i think it looks silly not matter big or tall if the tires are under the flares. If you put them on and got the tires out past the flares i think it would look great .Like my truck look at the sig pic
    2000 Chevy Silverado 4WD Classic
    2'' lift Torsion Keys and air shocks
    33/12.50 Hankook Dynapro M/T
    3 1/2'' down pipe back 6" Tip
    Dodge Towing Mirrors
    Smoked Tails, Cab Lights, and Side Marker Lights
    1% Rear and Side Window, 20% Front Tint
    American Racing Wheels/ With a custom black paint
    Cold Air Intake
    Edge Performance Chip
    Custom Audio System
    LED Tails
    Black background headlights and parking lights

Quote Originally Posted by MTM View Post
    IMO i think it looks silly not matter big or tall if the tires are under the flares. If you put them on and got the tires out past the flares i think it would look great .Like my truck look at the sig pic
    Clearly beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as I can't stand tires hanging outside the wheel wells, even with flares. For starters the tires sling mud, rocks, and water all over the side of the truck when tires are hanging out like that -- so it's not terribly practical. Next, I dunno, it just looks ghetto to me ... like when people do it to pintos or 1960's land yachts.

It takes all kinds. Some like wheels in and being practical ... some don't. There's no right or wrong answer.

No sir there isn't it's all in opinion. I will agree on the mud thing (which i don't mid), the rock chips do suck but that's why I'm rhino lining my rockers.
    But yes it's all opinion some like 22's some like 15's some like lifted some liked slammed. It's all personal preference, mine is wide stance makes a truck look mean and aggressive.
    2000 Chevy Silverado 4WD Classic
    2'' lift Torsion Keys and air shocks
    33/12.50 Hankook Dynapro M/T
    3 1/2'' down pipe back 6" Tip
    Dodge Towing Mirrors
    Smoked Tails, Cab Lights, and Side Marker Lights
    1% Rear and Side Window, 20% Front Tint
    American Racing Wheels/ With a custom black paint
    Cold Air Intake
    Edge Performance Chip
    Custom Audio System
    LED Tails
    Black background headlights and parking lights

I can't show you pictures, because I haven't decided yet myself. On my K2500, I think I have decided not to do the "cut out" flares because my stock type tires would not look good with big flares. So I am considering the pocket flares for it from Bushwacker.

Now on my 89 Blazer, I just got the cut out flares. But i am running 12.5 x 35's on it. I think the flare might cover the tire, which is the look I am wanting. I don't like 4" of flare out past the edge of tire.
    Mark
    89 K Blazer 4" lift 35x12.5x15, warn hubs, cut out flares. Soon to have headers, posi carriers, gears.
    2000 K2500 Crew Cab 5.7 285/75R16's. 3" Body lift. Suspension parts being ordered.
    Lots more to do on both the trucks

And a bunch of fast Buicks

Just my opinion, but if you get fender flares you need to have a lift and big tires. There are many other things you could do to jazz up your ride. Like tali lights or a billet grill something. I just don't think fender flares are the way to go.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Carmantx, I agree and was thinking the same thing, the cut outs are way too extreme. I am waiting for new RBP wheels to arrive and got a set of Geolandar's so the wheels and tires will be beefier, but still stock'ish in size. I hate that massive gap look too.