GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: upgrades

Default upgrades

i have a 2004 silverado 5.3liter z71 regular cab. i am looking to do some upgrades i have done a cold air intake. I am looking to install a leveling kit and i was wondering what the best route was to go towards. i also want to wake the motor up and was wonderingn what the best option was to go towards

I dunno about leveling kits.....Id say they are all about the same. Not too awful many ways to make a leveling kit except for difference in heights. I think they make a 2.5 but not sure. I went with a lift instead. As far as power.....Im running a Diablo Predator. It wakes one up. Id liked to have had this before Iput a lift on it....woulda been eatn Fords n s***'n Dodges!

I have a 03 Silverado 1500 and i have a CAI and RC Leveling kit and a bunch of other stuff...check out my photos in my profile!

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    275/65R18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit(want to get the 2.5 RC kit)
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    ProFlaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Blacked out Tail Lights
    Aftermarket Rims

thanks for the advise i was nthinking about doing a program. i want a lift but i dont have the money for one yet so i was going to use the leveling kit until i got could aford the lift kit. if you guys know any engine mods i am looking to do some engine work also

I would definitely get a cold air intake.I just this past weekend put a Volant CAI on my truck. I can definitely tell a noticeable difference in the way it runs. I would also get a exhaust system. I personally am running a Flowmaster, but there are many other good kinds like Corsa, Barola, and Magnaflow. Then I would also get a tuner. I'm plan on getting a Diablo Trinity, but there are other kinds of Diablos. It depends on what you are looking to spend. Good look with your mods. those would definitely wake your truck up.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!