GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yeah the fact you can change the gears, adjust for tire size, and change the shift points for wide open throttle is really nice and easy to use. Of course their tune is on there for regular gas or premium. This is a very easy to use tuner. If it only offered on the max energy 1/4 mile time, 0-60 time, and other features like that would make it even better. But for increased power and gas mileage and the ability to do what I previously mentioned is a great value. Looks like I'm gonna end up increasing my hwy mpgs +4 or 5 and city +2 or 3 on my 2012 1500.
    2012 Silver Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab LT 6.2L 400+hp, Hypertech, K&N CAI, tent, AVS
    2012 Black Harley Davidson Fat Bob 103 engine, Willie G
    2011 Silver Infiniti QX56, 400+hp
    2009 Lime Green Kawasaki KFX 450, Moose armor, GNCC
    2007 Red Polaris 500 X2
    2009 Lime Green Kawasaki Ninja 250
    PAST VEHICLES
    2009 Infiniti G37X, Stillen CAI, Magnaflow, 2007 Infiniti 370GT, 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z82 Crew Cab LTZ AMerican Luxury Coach conversion, Fabtech lift, 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ old body style, 2008 Nissan Armada, 2003 Yamaha YZFR1, 2007 Honda VTX 1800, 1993 Chevy S-10 over 350,000 miles on orig motor and trans

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Thats Great every one,,, thanks for the input,,, now just have to track down the tech i was working with, and see if we can get this rolling....

other than adjusting shift firmness, re-gearing for my 4.10's, correcting the speedo, and taking the governor off, i really did not see much if any performance or mileage increase on my truck with the max energy :/
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

hey Reggie,, I have also heard the same thing here from a friend of mine, he said was easy to use but saw little or even no performance enhancement
    ( but it was in a dodge), he now uses the edge juice with attitude, and loves it,( but its still in a dodge ),, but unfortunately I have not been able to get Edge products to put one in development for the colorado inline 5 ... so our choices are of one right now... thats with Hyper tec.. as they have one in beta testing....

Hey Dirty maybe call and see if they will use you as a tester. No out of pocket cash and the oppotunity to try it and review it. I know we were able to get cummins and a few others to use our fleet as a test fleet and it was truly cost saving. When you get free tires for class 8' and trailers it is a good thing. Not to mention free ISX engines
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    Yeah the fact you can change the gears, adjust for tire size, and change the shift points for wide open throttle is really nice and easy to use. Of course their tune is on there for regular gas or premium. This is a very easy to use tuner. If it only offered on the max energy 1/4 mile time, 0-60 time, and other features like that would make it even better. But for increased power and gas mileage and the ability to do what I previously mentioned is a great value. Looks like I'm gonna end up increasing my hwy mpgs +4 or 5 and city +2 or 3 on my 2012 1500.
    I too have the hypertech max energy. Just ran my first full tank on a z71 2010 5.3l 4x4 crew with 285/65/18 Nittos, 3.08 diff. Instantly notice the shift points are alot better. Now truck will go into OD pulling small trailer. Just got 440 miles out of this tank of gas before the low fuel light came on. I DO THINK the mileage is off a little bit though. It has VASTLY improved my truck and fuel economy. I will see next time I'm out on the highway where there is a "measured mile" post. I think the odometer is a fraction fast. but even if it is, its not by much. NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM would my truck get 440 miles on a tank of gas, my low fuel light usually comes on around 360 to 380. I am impressed.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but looking at the discussion, this tuner doesn't really help engine performance, just with transmission shift points? So it would be worthless to get for a manual? I'm just curious because I saw one on craigslist for 50 bucks.
    2000 Sierra Reg. Cab 5 Speed

i say get it for the $50, see if you think it helps, if not you can always sell it again.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

I had it for my 06 Silvy, wasn't to impressed with the fact I notice that there was no performance gain, although I did like being able to adjust spedo for tire size and firm up the shiftness of the tranny...Although After I regeared to a 4.56 it would take. I updated the tuner and still couldnt get it to change the gearing. It has the option just couldnt get it to take...I ended up getting in touch with Justin at BlackBear Performance for a custom tune...They have a EFI live option but I didnt need that option at the time...NIGHT and DAY to performance gains and I just love it...We were able to program the tow/haul mode to a more agressive mode, for playing around and wasting gas and tires.
    4.8L Vortec | 6inch Lift | 35'' BFG ALL TERRAINS | K&N Intake | AirRaid Throttle Body Space | 3inch straight pipe dumped at rear axle | BlackBear Tuned | 2 13in JL Audio Subs | 1000watt HD amp, 2.9 cap | Kenwood Dble Din | Gibson Hi Flo Cats | HIDs Hi/Los 55watt 8000k |4.56 gears |

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast