GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Back... and found my future new (to me) truck! 01 GMC 2500HD, have some questions!

OK, first off.. i guess im back from my little haiatus i took lol. I know everyone missed me like crazy and all.. LMFAO! Anyways, I had been talkin about finding either a 1/2 ton 4x4 or 3/4 diesel 4x4 before i left, and well... needless to say i had a stoke of awesome luck and a girl i went on a date with in NM had a roommate with this: 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 6.6 Duramax/Alison transmission. Upon getting in good with him and talking to him about selling it.. The "FOR SALE" pricetag to me is $800. No.. no zeros are missing, $800.

The catch/problems with the truck:

#7 injector is bad, valvebody in the transmission is bad, and the shift cable is broken (from him getting pissed about the valvebody haha), There is no back bumper, the front grille is uhh.. almost all there?

Needless to say, I'm getting a pretty awesome deal on it, but would like some input on the injector AND on the valvebody on the transmission, as neither of these i have any experience with.

Any help you guys can give is appreciated as always!!

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Valvebody I have done twice but not on an Allison so I don't know if it is different or not. 800$ is a steal...how many miles on it?

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    Valvebody I have done twice but not on an Allison so I don't know if it is different or not. 800$ is a steal...how many miles on it?
    To be honest bro.. i dont even know. at 800 bucks i basically overlooked that haha

"Truck Norris"
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade

Haha I don't blame you.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment

Haha I don't blame you.
    Haha, I'm gonna go get it next month from Hobbs, NM (about an hour n a half drive.. 55 mins down the back roads in Truck Norris lol). How you been bud?

"Truck Norris"
    - Airaid CAI

Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    Haha, I'm gonna go get it next month from Hobbs, NM (about an hour n a half drive.. 55 mins down the back roads in Truck Norris lol). How you been bud?

About as good as good can be I guess. My hood flew up on my damn truck and I have 2 nice creases on my hood now and we had a good bit of rain that flooded some of the town a few days ago but everything is dried up now. How you been?

Current:
    Future:

Rado, welcome back man. And Congrats on that steal. I'd hav eoverlooked the mileage too as the Allison's gotta be worth that much in parts. Good to have you back.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

About as good as good can be I guess. My hood flew up on my damn truck and I have 2 nice creases on my hood now and we had a good bit of rain that flooded some of the town a few days ago but everything is dried up now. How you been?
    Youre supposed to make sure the hood is securely latched before you go hauling 100 mph down the highway bro! lol.. i learned that lesson with my buddy in his drag mustang.. forgot to pin the hood down before making a test run on a new motor build.. one fiberglass hood, windshield, body work to the roof, cleanup of the hood that exploded, and a change of underwear later.. lesson learned hahaha. ive been good, just keepin busy with work and planning projects!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy09LTZCrew View Post
    Rado, welcome back man. And Congrats on that steal. I'd hav eoverlooked the mileage too as the Allison's gotta be worth that much in parts. Good to have you back.
    Good to be back bro! And thanks, i'm actually gonna give him a grand for it (cause he's cool... and i like his roommate alot, she's hot as hell lol), but still well worth it! you still plannin on replacing those headlights sometime in the future?

"Truck Norris"
    - Airaid CAI

Lol wasn't even doing 20mph but it was partially closed since I was adjusting my headlights. Was just going test the spread n the 100 yard drive to the subdivision entrance down the road and it flew up. Sad thing is I've went 80mph 35 miles to Baton Rouge with it partially closed that I didn't know it was partially closed.

Current:
    Future: