GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think I ve finally got this problem beat! of course the proof is in the pudding .I let you all know if it holds out to be fixed. I ve been so frustrated w/ this security light flashing intermittantly. This is my service van I go to peoples homes to make repairs.the worst on was the lady who had 10 minutes to get to a funeral when I was parked facing downhill outside her garage door. Ive been searching for info re "security light flashing" to no avail.I decided to take advantage of one of my 10-12 min breaks to read the manual to see what instructions they gave. I wasn't aware the systems name Passlock So I started to search "How to permanently disable GM passlock system" on google thankfully I found several options out there.much of the info is to allow you to bypass it for installing remote start system.I chose the one that seemed easiest for me.unfortunatly I wasn't able to get pics.I couldn't find anything that told me exactly which wires on the express van.I pulled the clam shell trim around the stearing column on the ignition switch there are 2 sets of wires one has several larger wires.thats not what your looking for.This is a small plug w/about 3 small wires one of those small yellow with the van running(its very low voltage) I cut the yellow wire in a couple seconds the SECURITY light came on permanently.thats exactly what the instructions said would happen.I chose to install a toggle switch in the bottom panel to allow remaking the connection to allow the relearn procedure in case of a dead battery etc. just flip the switch back on to allow relearn security system. depending on the year made there are 3 different passlock systems this should work for 1,2.Ill let you know how it holds out

- - - Updated - - -

There is another option to ohm the resistor in the key & match it w/ a resistor in the ignition wires.this should eliminate the SECURITY light always on,
    Last edited by BowtieExpressNC; 09-16-2013 at 11:30 PM.

One week and it is working as expected. before this it had been flashing at least a couple times a week. So far so good!

still no more issues with that problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12