GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Let's see that vinyl

I can't figure out anywhere to put this so I thought here was good enough. I'm looking for a decal kit to break up all the black on the Sierra. The only kits I can find are dumb looking. I'd like to see what everyone else has on their trucks or any good ideas.
    Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.

I recommend some good wax ... and some paint-matched fender flares ... and some nerf bars ... and some wheels. Seriously, don't break up the black; draw the eye elsewhere, instead, with functional upgrades. It has the exact same effect but it's achieved a different way ... and doesn't look slapped on like a decal.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 05-07-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Got jokes...I like that.

I would not put any decals on it. I would debadge it and embrass the mirror like black truck that you have. That being said I found this place http://www.decaldriveway.com/decal-c...y/body-accents. I would not put any of them on my truck. I have seen a black sierra around here with ghost flames on the doors and bed, it actually looks ok. http://www.vinylgraphics.net/shopdis...fix=No&cname=G. I have also seen a guy use boat graphics on his truck. There are no words just the graphic that would go on a Baja. You could always create your own custom design and have a shop make it for you. Then at least you are not putting the same graphics everyone else has on your truck.
    Last edited by Pikey; 05-07-2012 at 01:02 PM.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

If you want to break up the black, try using some small pinstripes. Utilize the stock part that you can paint to match the stripe.
    Old Show Trucks USA conversion
    Custom Paint, interior (Wood grain and leather seats) windows so dark you need a flash light to see me, stock rims, headers, dual exhaust.

I have to agree with Sur. I would add chrome to highlight all that black. Keep the deep shine and make it better with shiny chrome.

I'm not going to use something universal. I was looking for something cut for the Sierra like a decal to put into the hood recess or around the lower window sills. I have been debating on a 1/4" dark purple or blue pinstripe around the window sills and hood recess. Subtle but it would be there for those who pay attention. I do want to do performance upgrades but college tuition is taking most of my money. I am also removing all the chrome and either painting the pieces to match or black chroming accessory door handles and trim pieces.

I like the Idea of chrome and some professional pinstripe to accent the black. I also believe that college expenses should supersede truck mods as edumacation is paramount in ones building a strong future.
    This pic reminds me of a song "Black is Black I want my baby back"
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

I saw a black NNBS this morning on my way to work that had vinyl graffics in a Satin black running down the side, looked real sharp and broke up the paint just a little without being distracting, just subtle.
    I was gonna take a picture but just as I was jockying the steering wheel and the camera I noticed the driver eyeing me and a second later I realized the graffics I was looking at said "Texas State Marshall" decided I better concentrate on driving a little more and get that picture later.
    Like I was saying though the Satin Black broke up the gloss paint just enough to catch your eye but not distract from the looks of the truck.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I'm a fan of Ghost Flames Had them on my old truck Could only be seen when close and they were Candyed...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Disney 036.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	39075Well I looked for a shot of my old one with flames but here is one to lookm at..From Goodmark
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by