GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 4 Wheel Disk Conversion

Okay I'd really like to do a 4 wheel disk conversion. I have bought the best rotors and pads i can find and they still don't seem to stop the greatest and they always seem to squeak. So I'm pretty much done with rotors and drums. Has anyone done this or know where i can find information on how to do this and where i can buy a kit?
    2000 Chevy Silverado 4WD Classic
    2'' lift Torsion Keys and air shocks
    33/12.50 Hankook Dynapro M/T
    3 1/2'' down pipe back 6" Tip
    Dodge Towing Mirrors
    Smoked Tails, Cab Lights, and Side Marker Lights
    1% Rear and Side Window, 20% Front Tint
    American Racing Wheels/ With a custom black paint
    Cold Air Intake
    Edge Performance Chip
    Custom Audio System
    LED Tails
    Black background headlights and parking lights

SSBC carries some good parts for brake conversions.
    They have oversized rotors for many applications and the prices are reasonable.
    Baer also sells kits for your truck
    http://www.ssbrakes.com/commerce/bra...996&engine=All

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I have seen and used the SSBC ones a few times on past trucks.. Very good product.....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    I have seen and used the SSBC ones a few times on past trucks.. Very good product.....
    Glad to see some feedback on ssbc kits. I eyeballed them a while back when i first started looking into upgrading to 4disc and massive fronts, but because i hadn't ever heard of them and neither had anybody i know, i kinda stayed away from em. Maybe something worth looking into again.

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

I see you have a 2000 truck, but is it 1/2, 3/4, or 1 ton? If it's either a 3/4 or 1 ton with a 14-bolt full-floating rear, you can convert to 4wd discs for less than kits like SSBC and such. Bascially you buy a custom bracket and then use front rotors and calipers from a 75 3/4 ton pickup and you're done. Downside is you lose parking brakes. Or, if you can find them, you use the same rotors, but use Eldorado rear calipers since they have parking brake provisions in them. It's a pretty common mod in the offroad world.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

I had done some looking into doing a conversion on my 11' and I was was told by a few different people not to do it. GM made trucks for a few years with 4 wheel discs and went back to drums. I was told the braking is actually better with the 2 and 2. I looked at SSBC, Baer and Willwood's website and they didn't have a bolt on kit. They may have come up with one by now since it was about a year ago when I looked.