GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Have we got any fitness gurus on the site??

So, given my recent onslaught of unfortunate events in life.. I've decided to take on another hobby along with messin around with cars/trucks. Recently started trying some workout/fitness supplements after talking with the guys at complete nutrition as to what i wanna get out of my body right now. I had been going to GNC for quite some time now, and after talking with Complete's staff... im fully convinced that GNC hires whoever walks through the door and they have no idea what they are talking about. Also, the products available at Complete are far superior to that available at GNC. I got set up on a 60 day "lean mass shred cycle" by Jordan in Midland, TX. I'm on day 10 today and I have to say that I feel amazing, more energized, pumped up and ready for the day, and last night i drove into San Angelo from the field to get a haircut, noticed that there was a complete nutrition store next to it, stopped in and weighed myself as well as picked up a nitric oxide supplement, another protein shake flavor (for reference Strawberry is disgusting haha) and a pre-workout drink mix as well. According to the scale in San Angelo, I'm 15 lbs lighter than i was 11 days ago in Midland. I actually dont think this is too accurate, as there could be a difference in the two scales although they're the same brand/model, but nontheless i feel amazing.

Now that I'm done tellin a pretty much useless story, is there anyone else here who works out regularly? And if so, what brand/type of supplements are taken?

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

I work out almost daily but am so far from what I used to do. I am taking it a little slower than I really would like, but doctors orders are something to take seriously I have found out.
    Personally I take very few supplements like I did back in the day. I eat balanced meals and drink plenty of fluids.
    On GNC, I have to agree with you as I tried discussing some minerals with them and they just kept saying this is our best seller . That wasn't what I wanted. Most reputable gyms now have the higher form of supplements and training as to what one should expect from each.
    Just remember all are trying to make money on supplement sales and they have a huge mark up.

I have lost 48 pounds and have increased muscle mass 12% so far. I have also reduced my A!C by 4 points and my cholesterol by 85 points. Not where I want but being cautious and vigilant in getting back to a body that can reasonably fit through the door
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

I like working out with my girlfriend. Does that count?

Yes I work out daily and take plenty of suppliment too. Of course you start with a good daily vitamin. I been taking animal paks, but they're a mega vitamin for body building. I also drink protien shakes, Elite XT fudge brownie is pretty good. I cycle on and off MuscleTech criotine. And I just got a nitric oxide supp. as well ,however I haven't started it. I take Jack-3D for a pre-workout. When getting in shape it's 90% nutritionand 10% hard work. What kind of 60 day lean mass shred cycle are you taking? And yeah the folks in GNC don't know ****. I like the Vitamin Shop they are alot cheaper and the guys in my store don't BS me.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

the army pays me to work out. dont take anything tho, just drink water along with gatorade.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Just starting to get back into working out. I've got a long way to go. I've been on a low-carb kick with a good daily multi-vitamin and that's slowly starting to get me back in shape. Going to the gym to do cardio x 3 days per week and weights x2.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

In college I got serious about working out so I picked up on some supplements that I liked to use. Keep in mind that I was trying to gain weight not lose it lol. First off I never go to any store such as GNC, waste of time IMO. I bought my pre-workout and protein off the internet. I go to http://www.tfsupplements.com/ and http://www.bulknutrition.com/. These are good sites and their prices are reasonable.

As for the protein, the only one I liked is Optimum Nutrition Whey Gold Standard, http://www.tfsupplements.com/store/c...t_detail&p=611. Banana Cream is the best favor fyi.

As for pre-workout, I recommend:
    Super Pump Max aka" Super Dump" : http://www.tfsupplements.com/store/c..._detail&p=2964
    NO-Shotgun: http://www.tfsupplements.com/store/c..._detail&p=1104
    Black Powder, Stir Not Shake: http://www.tfsupplements.com/store/c..._detail&p=2062

Hopefully this helps, but just do your research about products and try them to see what works for you.
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

I go to the gym as often as I can. Usually at least twice a week. The only supplement I use is Myoplex. It is a 42grams of protein in one serving. I am currently trying a different workout regimine. It is 20 reps for every set. And one arm ar a time for every exercise if possible. The part that is messing with my head doing this is the large decrease in the amount of weight I am able to use. And also in between each set some sprints. It keeps the cardio system shocked for the whole time I am working out.

Keep it up and we will have a site of lean mean fighting Chevy drivers/owners. Most important is to take care of your health before the lack of it takes care of you.

Since I play college football I get pumped full of supplements, I work out 2 times a day, not by choice. But if your looking for a good supplement that with help gain muscle and cut fat check out myo shock. It's loaded with caffeine which get your blood pumping the supplement into you. You'll actually be able to lift more, it deffently shocks your muscles. Stay away from creatine, you have to be on very strict cycles to properly gain without hurting your inside. But the most important part of supplements is the vitamins. Take a men's daily vitamin, also find a good post work out supplement that has glutamine in it for your joints. Me having over 6 knee surgeries I really have to take care of mine.tri flex is also very good for joints. I also take b12 to keep your blood clean and saw palmetto for your liver. To me it's not the protein and other muscle gaining that are important, it's the vitamins that keep your body health which do the most for you. I can't really go into details on my works outs mainly cause I'd have to type another 700 words. I'll say I weighed 200 with a decent amount of body fat senior year. During football season I'm 250 with rarely anybody fat. Which is annoying when swimming since I can't just float around on the lake
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by