GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Programmers for 4.3 V6

I have looked and looked. I might be looking in the wrong places but if you know off hand. Let me know
    Actually I am having a hard time finding a lot for the truck. Cold air intake, programmer, Letís start there first.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Most of the 4.3L trucks were sold as fleet or work vehicles. VERY few people bought them that way for personal use. in 1995, only 8% of the full size trucks were built with a V6. Having said that, there is not a lot in the way of engine performance modifications because that engine was not meant to be used as such. A cold air intake for a 5.7 will fit fine, as will many many other parts. The 4.3 is nothing more than a 5.7 with the front two cylinders cut off. You might also have some luck looking for performance parts for an S10 or S10 Blazer, as they had the 4.3 as the largest engine choice.

Having said that, the power you are getting from your 4.3 is about the best you will get. As they say, there's no REPLACEMENT for DISPLACEMENT. I have a 4.3 in my truck as well. I love it, but I also have the understanding that it is what it is. I may, one day, replace the 4.3 with a 5.7. It is not all that far out there as swaps go.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

I think that helps me out a lot. I will look around with new search criteria. I just might have to change my plains for the truck.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

hey! you DO know that you CAN fit a big block in there without any trouble... DONCHA?

Power problem SOLVED!
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

I would say there would be more power. See I really was not looking at more power. I was looking to add a little i might loose with bigger tires and going to a 3.73.
    Tim Walters (Curky)