Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: New 97 with questions
11-19-2007, 10:50 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2007
New 97 with questions
I have a few question I hope you can help:
1. My ABS light is on, I figures its the wheel speed sensors but since I am cheap and don't like ABS I am not bothering to replace. I have pulled the fuse to prevent random pulsing, but what can I do about this light? A wire to snip? A bulb to pull?
2. Torque converter, does anyone else with the 480LE trans feel like their torque converter drains back when its cold/recent started in cold weather? Like it slips but as soon as you drive it gently and warm it up a min or two it shifts rock solid...Anyone?
3. Dual batteries, if the 97 was equipped from the factory, as in has the 2nd tray, should they also already be battery leads wired in? Maybe the previous owner tucked them somewhere?
4. Anyone run the Flowmaster catback system? I found a good deal locally and just ordered one! Very excited
1997 7.4L 454 Vortec, 480LE
11-21-2007, 11:41 PM #2
There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
- abs light: how about some black tape over the lens?
- 480LE: Sounds like a pressure problem. Try a can of Sea Foam Trans conditioner and then change the filter and fluid.
- Battery leads: You'll have to supply your own here.
- Just put the catback with the magnaflow $340 installed (with new cat)...Loving it more everyday.
High Desert SoCal
93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
02 Honda Civic LX
Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap
By elkosp16 in forum Performance & FuelReplies: 16Last Post: 07-19-2010, 04:56 AM
By beforeiforget761 in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)Replies: 2Last Post: 05-16-2010, 07:39 PM
By GMCZ71 in forum General Chevy & GM Tech QuestionsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-01-2010, 06:55 PM
By jayturk99 in forum General Chevy & GM Tech QuestionsReplies: 8Last Post: 08-07-2009, 11:34 AM
By aisabell in forum Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)Replies: 6Last Post: 03-22-2009, 06:39 AM
Tags for this Thread