GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Option Racing - Black Halo Projector Headlights - Anyone have experience with them?

So in my effort to black out the accessories on my truck, I've also been looking at replacing the lights. Basically, an improvement to visibility would be ideal, but worst case I won't do anything that will provide worse visibility than factory, so this is one of my upgrades that is more for form than function. However, again, function has to be at least equal to factory as the factory lights aren't bad.

So all of that being said, does anyone know anything about the following:

http://www.carid.com/2009-chevy-silv...tml#prodReview

I love the look and think they'd look great on the truck. The reviews are decent for the most part, but they also cover multiple makes and models of cars.

Any input regarding these lights would be greatly appreciated.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Master Mechanic

well the lenses aren't smoked which will help. As far as the distance on the light beam it's hard to say. The projector lens will focus the light more than stock headlights so if aimed/leveled correctly I think it should be fairly decent. I found a write-up of the difference between the two, not sure if it helps. I tried to look for a picture that shows the actual difference in light beam distance, no luck though. Do you plan on upgrading bulbs to something like the silverstars?

I know...Ford forum, but it might be of help.

http://www.f150online.com/forums/art...ns-v-hids.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-10-CHEVY-...sories&vxp=mtr

Check those out bud... IMO.. projector headlights on NBS pickups look funky. And from riding in one.. I noticed they actually make visibility less than that of the stock headlight housings.

I think these would look super clean on a dark pickup, without adding the "bugg-eyed" look of the projector headlights.

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

I actually like those. And I don't have a dark pickup. But I'm trying to dark out the accessories. I think those might still look nice, and they're certainly cheaper.

Amac, don't worry about the ford forum. I find half my information from non-chevy forums too. And I'm purposely not going smoked. Though I havne't decided what I'll do on the back yet. I should teach myself photoshop. It's really hard sometimes to picture the changes I have in mind since right now it's all white-ish and chrome.

I Have the ones by Spyder on my truck with the hid kit look on amazon if you already don't have them because Mine where like 500 and i got them for 300 w/ HID kit already installed..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 476429_2091138453665_1701381935_1038375_581466231_o.jpg   523225_2054676062128_1701381935_1024384_1412091939_n.jpg  

Lmc sells the headlights that radorocker posted. I'm going with those so I can keep my hids that have a lifetime warranty
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

I've actually started leaning toward the Spyder lights, though still considering the ones rado posted as well. For one, either option is quite a bit cheaper than the option racing lights. For two, I like the look of the Spyder lights a bit better. The option racing are nice, but have a slight euro look that I'm not looking for on my Silverado.

the one thing i will tell you from experience is listen to peoples reviews from these headlights before getting them whether they be good or bad, reviews tell you the honest truth
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

I think everyones difference of opition is cool. It allows everyone to have a little individuality and allows us to have mant beautiful trucks that look different. I like the projectors myself and plan on getting some black Anzos myself.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!