GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Grill and Tailgate Bowties - Hydro Dipped

I hydro dipped some bowties for a forum members friend..... so I thought I would share the results. He gave me the color code for his truck which is the Stealth metallic Grey which I used for the basecoat. Then it was dipped in a skull pattern.

The front bowtie was all black - the rear was trimmed in chrome which we kept.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-05-07_22-44-20_596.jpg   2012-05-07_22-45-04_99.jpg  

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Nice! That pattern's not my style, but those look really good.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

I like those, they are pretty cool looking. Im gonna do some hydrographics on some of my interior pieces but Im gonna do a little practicing first.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    I like those, they are pretty cool looking. Im gonna do some hydrographics on some of my interior pieces but Im gonna do a little practicing first.
    I am all for DIY projects...but I will warn you if your buying a do-it-yourself - kit off EBAY or the web. You generally only get 1 meter of film which a little over 3 feet. Its plenty to do a small project if you get it all right the first time.

The problem is that Hydro Dipping is not as easy as the YouTube videos make it seem. Most guys who do this for a living will tell you that they spent lots of hours and hundreds if not thousands of dollars in materials perfecting the process.

I see guys all the time on the Hydro Dip forums that ask for advice after spending money on a couple of the Ebay do it yourself kits at $100.00 a pop. They generally could have spent half to send to someone to get it dipped.

If you need any help when you get ready feel free to shoot me a PM.

Those are sweeeeeet! I was on your site the other day looking for something to put on the platic under hood pieces. I am still looking.

Here they are after laying down the clear - it made the metallic in the paint pop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-05-08_18-56-27_859.jpg   2012-05-08_18-56-43_741.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post
    I am all for DIY projects...but I will warn you if your buying a do-it-yourself - kit off EBAY or the web. You generally only get 1 meter of film which a little over 3 feet. Its plenty to do a small project if you get it all right the first time.

The problem is that Hydro Dipping is not as easy as the YouTube videos make it seem. Most guys who do this for a living will tell you that they spent lots of hours and hundreds if not thousands of dollars in materials perfecting the process.

I see guys all the time on the Hydro Dip forums that ask for advice after spending money on a couple of the Ebay do it yourself kits at $100.00 a pop. They generally could have spent half to send to someone to get it dipped.

If you need any help when you get ready feel free to shoot me a PM.
    Thanks ss, Yeah my buddy does some awesome paint work and hes interested in checking some of this out. He was surprised at the process and doesnt quite understand it but willing to give it a try. As most projects like this the results are always in the preparation. Thanks again I may get a hold of you.

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    Those are sweeeeeet! I was on your site the other day looking for something to put on the platic under hood pieces. I am still looking.
    Let me know aloxdaddy...I will hook you up!

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Thanks ss, Yeah my buddy does some awesome paint work and hes interested in checking some of this out. He was surprised at the process and doesnt quite understand it but willing to give it a try. As most projects like this the results are always in the preparation. Thanks again I may get a hold of you.

He may get hooked..thats how it happened for me!

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I like it.. This gives me some ideas.. Maybe my rear windows on my cap Hhmmm The front diff shield HHmm There is just so much that can be done to change the looks of your truck
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

That looks really nice SS. That might give me a solution to my question of whether to paint black or color match due to my plans of getting a black grille but wanting the back one to be black. I might do a combination of the two with a design through you.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast