GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

I Like the Look of those looks legit..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails amber fog lights installed.jpg  
    [SIGPIC]
    2007 1500 Silverado LT1 4.8L
    Chrome Accents & Remote Start 2.5" RC Front Leveling Kit
    Spyder Projection BLK Halo LED Headlights w/Hid Kit Sonar BLK LED Taillights
    Line-X Bed Coating & Underside Coating Line-X Tonneau Cover
    Two 10" Fusion Subs Custom Under Rear-seat BLK boxes 800 Watt Fusion Amp
    Rampage Taillight Bar w/ Reverse Amber LED H16Fog Lights

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    The lights do look nice. I thought you kept the truck outta the rain. Like it is a fair weather ride or something. LOL
    I don't have a garage to park it in. Maybe I'll get one of those carport shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    I don't have a garage to park it in. Maybe I'll get one of those carport shelters.
    I hate those.

Quick question, (not trying to thread jack) but I was wondering what color the turn signal wires are that need to be tapped? I got my switchbacks from iJDMtoy.com's store (the actual store not online lol) and I have the 50w6ohm resister (one for each bulb) and the tap slice things. Is there anything else I am missing? If possible, I will mount the resistors on the back side of the headlight assembly if there is room (have double sided tape for that). Took a quick pic to show... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03234.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	39443

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by 2k8z71 View Post
    Quick question, (not trying to thread jack) but I was wondering what color the turn signal wires are that need to be tapped? I got my switchbacks from iJDMtoy.com's store (the actual store not online lol) and I have the 50w6ohm resister (one for each bulb) and the tap slice things. Is there anything else I am missing? If possible, I will mount the resistors on the back side of the headlight assembly if there is room (have double sided tape for that). Took a quick pic to show... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03234.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	39443
    I also ordered the resistors but did not install them since I plan on ordering projector headlights when they are back in stock at Autoanything. It looks like you got the SMD 360 bulbs versus the Cree LED bulbs w/ projector lens. Have you installed SMD bulbs before? They are really bright but the other ones are a lot brighter and less blue looking. I have the SMD bulbs for my fogs and I wish they made the proj. LED bulb in a 5202 size. You may want to install the bulb first to see how the light emits against the chrome housing before you install the load resistors. iJDM will take the lights back as long as they are in the original package. When I received my order for the lower set of lights I noticed they sent me 2 diff. Bulb sizes. I took a pic and emailed them; they were very responsive and shipped my new bulb today. Im anxious to get the lower set in since I'm so pleased with the color and level of brightness.

Definitely post pics when you are done the install!!

Sorry I couldn't be of help but there are certainly members out there that would know the answer. @SurrealOne
    Last edited by AMac; 05-15-2012 at 08:00 PM.

I don't know the colour of the turn signal wire but it's easy enough to probe. If the Silverado wiring is like the Sierra wiring then the turn signal bulb should have three wires coming into the socket where the turn signal bulb is located. One wire should be black (negative) while the other two wires will have a colour and be positive. One of the two coloured wires is the turn signal wire.

To find out which wire is the turn signal wire:
    • Pop the turn signal bulb out of the socket
    • Set the parking brake
    • Place the key in the ignition
    • Turn the ignition to run
    • Use the turn signal lever to activate the turn signal
    • Grab a test light
    • Connect the test light to a GOOD ground point
    • Carefully probe one of the two coloured wires, if it flashes off/on/off/on/off/on you've found your wire, if not test the other one

If neither wire ignites your test light then check your ground and try again.

AMac: I haven't tested them yet but I will yank a bulb out and toss the LED in there before hooking up the resistor to see how it works. I wished they made the Projector LED's for the fogs, they would get my money quickly lol. This is my first venture into the LED world. I had contemplated doing LED's for my factory tail lamps. But I dunno how it would look.

Thanks Surreal. Looks like I gotta go buy a test light. If I had my Haynes manual with me, I could just look at the wiring diagram and be done with it already lol.

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by 2k8z71 View Post
    AMac: I haven't tested them yet but I will yank a bulb out and toss the LED in there before hooking up the resistor to see how it works. I wished they made the Projector LED's for the fogs, they would get my money quickly lol. This is my first venture into the LED world. I had contemplated doing LED's for my factory tail lamps. But I dunno how it would look.

Thanks Surreal. Looks like I gotta go buy a test light. If I had my Haynes manual with me, I could just look at the wiring diagram and be done with it already lol.
    Okay well definitely share some pics when you do the testing; I'm anxious to see how those bulbs look.

Will do. Probably won't get to it until Monday. I left my Haynes manual in storage so after I get it on Monday, I'll swap the bulbs and if the lights are now I dreamed of, I'll be installing the resistors at that point.

okay, idk if this is the right spot to ask or not, i have an 05, i want switchbacks in the blinkers, and white LED's in the DRL's, idk where to get them or what to get exactly, any help would be greatly appreciated!

05 Silverado 1500 LS 5.3L.
    6" fabtech lift, 35x12.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers, 20x10 XD Monster wheels. MagnaFlow dual exhaust, AEM cold air intake, custom tune.
    35W 5K HID low,fog, 55W highs, Hi-6 Mod, black tail lights.
    Color matched front and rear bumper caps, fully debadged.
    5% tint all around, 35% full windshield with 10" 5% brow.
    7" pioneer touchscreen Double Din, 2 Rockford R1-12's under the seat with Rockford P300-1amp, Rockford prime speakers all around, LED interior Lights.