GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by
Results 21 to 30 of 37
  1. #21

    Default

    AMac... Nice work... that truck looks sweet!
    Finally a signature and Avatar! I also posted some pics in the Gallery.
    2011 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Z71 6Liter.
    2011 Outback Travel Trailer 260FL
    So Happy to not be on the edge of GVWR Over Load!!

  2. #22
    Master Mechanic
    AMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanPruski View Post
    okay, idk if this is the right spot to ask or not, i have an 05, i want switchbacks in the blinkers, and white LED's in the DRL's, idk where to get them or what to get exactly, any help would be greatly appreciated!
    First you have to identify the bulb size for the lights you want to replace;
    http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applic...s/lrgmain.aspx

    Then you can either google the bulb size + "LED bulb" or similar; or you can check out iJDMtoy.com




  3. #23
    Master Mechanic
    AMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Thought I added a pic of the lower lights but I now see that I didn't. So I think it's official, no more incandescence bulbs in the lawn ornament. @SurrealOne Can it be a lawn ornament if the pics I take are with the truck always in a different location?



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LED parking lights_closer to night.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	39810

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LED Parking Lights_Switchbacks.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	39811

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    @SurrealOne Can it be a lawn ornament if the pics I take are with the truck always in a different location?
    If that's the primary reason it moves (and the secondary reasons are to wash or refuel it), then yes.

  5. #25
    Sr. Apprentice DanPruski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    First you have to identify the bulb size for the lights you want to replace;http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applic...gmain.aspxThen you can either google the bulb size + "LED bulb" or similar; or you can check out iJDMtoy.com
    Yeah, i know the bulb numbers to use and everything, i just was told that you can only have a certain number of LED's or they can over heat the housings, that you cant run LED's in the DRL's, and was told that switchbacks wont work with chevy's. Thats mainly what i was asking, if theres anything needed to be done to make them work properly.

    05 Silverado 1500 LS 5.3L.
    6" fabtech lift, 35x12.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers, 20x10 XD Monster wheels. MagnaFlow dual exhaust, AEM cold air intake, custom tune.
    35W 5K HID low,fog, 55W highs, Hi-6 Mod, black tail lights.
    Color matched front and rear bumper caps, fully debadged.
    5% tint all around, 35% full windshield with 10" 5% brow.
    7" pioneer touchscreen Double Din, 2 Rockford R1-12's under the seat with Rockford P300-1amp, Rockford prime speakers all around, LED interior Lights.

  6. #26
    Master Mechanic
    AMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanPruski View Post
    Yeah, i know the bulb numbers to use and everything, i just was told that you can only have a certain number of LED's or they can over heat the housings, that you cant run LED's in the DRL's, and was told that switchbacks wont work with chevy's. Thats mainly what i was asking, if theres anything needed to be done to make them work properly.
    I'm not familiar with this information about LEDs and have never had an issue with any that I've run.

  7. #27

    Default

    I did my LED's today but since I'm not at my computer, I can't load any pictures but will have some up in the next day or so. I don't think they are as bright as AMac's are but they will work for me.

  8. #28

    Default

    Here is a link to the album I got set up for the LED's. I wasn't able to get a pic of the lights out of the housings though. But I did end up buying a test light to find the correct wires. The bottom parking/signal lights had 6 wires to them. The extra 3 were for the upper light bulb. Still needed to run all 4 on resistors. Like I said before though, they don't seem to be as bright as AMac's. I might order some that match my HID's better but that will be something I do later. Hope the link works:
    http://s467.photobucket.com/albums/r...001/silverado/

  9. #29

    Default

    I like the white running lights idea...something i definitely want to do... Would look great with all my 6k hids!
    Last edited by sevi084x4; 05-26-2012 at 11:32 AM.
    Adam
    11 Silverado Summit White Ext. Cab 5.3L Z71 9k miles
    RC leveling kit
    Jason fiberglass tonneau cover
    Penda-liner
    Superchips 91 octane tune
    Front air dam removed
    6,000k lowbeams 6,000k fogs
    color match bowties
    color match mudflaps
    20% tint all the way around
    20% tinted 6in sunshade
    Nitto terra grappler 275/70r17 (winter setup)
    Chevy 22s with Bridgestone Alenza 285/45r22 (summer setup)
    Kenwood DNX6180 indash


  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    Thought I added a pic of the lower lights but I now see that I didn't. So I think it's official, no more incandescence bulbs in the lawn ornament. @SurrealOne Can it be a lawn ornament if the pics I take are with the truck always in a different location?



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LED parking lights_closer to night.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	39810

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LED Parking Lights_Switchbacks.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	39811
    THIS IS SICK!!!! Big props to you on that mod! I will probably be copying this haha. I will have my headlamps out anyways to install HIDs again soon anyways, may as well do it while they're out right?

    "If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

    "Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Similar Threads

  1. No parking lights nor gauge lights.... = tickets lol
    By Bredin in forum General Chevy & GM Tech Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last: 03-10-2011, 08:34 PM
  2. HID lights installed...Finally!
    By sstoner911 in forum Lighting Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last: 09-02-2010, 08:30 PM
  3. just installed my new tail lights
    By blacknight97 in forum Chevy Truck Accessories
    Replies: 9
    Last: 05-10-2010, 10:13 AM
  4. 2003 Suburban Parking Lights
    By slyman1369 in forum POLLing place
    Replies: 1
    Last: 02-19-2007, 06:35 AM
  5. Parking lights [Expired Topic]
    By beastsuburban in forum Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)
    Replies: 2
    Last: 06-11-2006, 11:21 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •