GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    THIS IS SICK!!!! Big props to you on that mod! I will probably be copying this haha. I will have my headlamps out anyways to install HIDs again soon anyways, may as well do it while they're out right?
    Thanks rado rocker. Here is the link to the 4157 bulbs; http://store.ijdmtoy.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=4157

For the parking lights you go through the wheel which seems to be the easiest method but whatever works for you. Share some pics when you get the HIDs in!

@AMac ... I honestly didn't know you could get to those through the wheel well. I've installed incandescent bulbs in them that have a blue tint to them so thay they look white rather than the amber color, but I just pulled the headlights cause i couldn't really find another way back in there. But.. I'm a male, and we're still a rather primitive species hahahaha.

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    @AMac ... I honestly didn't know you could get to those through the wheel well. I've installed incandescent bulbs in them that have a blue tint to them so thay they look white rather than the amber color, but I just pulled the headlights cause i couldn't really find another way back in there. But.. I'm a male, and we're still a rather primitive species hahahaha.
    haha...well it takes about 15-20 minutes going through the wheel well and that you only need 2 different sockets. It's a pain in the... to remove the headlights cause you have to remove the grille and the grille clips can be a pain. Live and learn my friend

Hmm.. do you just pull back the liner and there's access? Also, is it such a tight space that someone with rather large hands can't move then around in there??

Master Mechanic

@08_rado_rocker

Yep just pull back the liner, I tuck it behind the tire slightly so it holds it back. Trying to get the lights out is a little tricky only because they were cranked on so tight but they are fairly accessible for those with larger hands. You can't see what you are doing but they are close for access so you don't have to stick your head in there...hehe

@AMac

Nice... good to frickin know.. especially now that I have already done this not once.. but TWICE!! (I didn't like the first set I put in lol) But, that being said, mine shouldn't be on there too terribly tight since I'm the one that put em back on haha.

AMac, I was wondering if you had any issues when the turn signal is on in daylight? My SMD's don't seem to show real well when the turn signal is on. I am driving to iJDMtoy and ask them their opinion but may end up swapping to the Cree's.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234