GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Air Conditioning issue on 1990 Silverado Crew cab K2500

I have a 1990 Silverado Crew Cab K2500, it has the 350 Engine and was listed as a Camper Special.

The last owner converted the AC to the new coolant, with a conversion Kit, however the AC compressor failed, so I bought a replacement, One of the first things that I noticed was when I disconnected it it was full of a flourescent Green viscous oil, I think its is the leak detection fluid from those charges you can buy at the local Shucks etc. Anyway, the new compressor is clean. My question is, can I go back to the original freon system? Do I need to somehow purge the condenser of this green mess as well ( if it has it in it that is, I dont know but surmise that if its in the pump it must be in everything else, or should I get a new condenser. Also, does anyone know how to do this? Is it worth doing? or should I just stick with the New "R134" system, either way is it a good idea to get all this green oil out of the AC system before I begin or can I just leave it.

I have not been able to find any information on how to proceed, and also once I start how do I get the Air out of the system? since now that I have to change the compressor its contaminated with air/moisture etc etc...

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

you can go to the auto parts and buy some flush to run through it make sure you change the orfice tube it will be full of metal shavings. yo will have to get a vacuum pump.to pull the air out.be sure to change out the dryer to.