GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Those look really good on your truck. I like your LED bumper lights with the DRLs and turn signals too. Sadly, nobody makes decent LED bumper lights for this generation of Silverado/Avalanche, so I just bought LED DRLs on eBay that I'm waiting to receive. I'll have to make due with that until I can do a crazy LED project and make some custom LED lights in the factory housings.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Look'in Bright!!!!!! Do they come on with the parking lights or head lights?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    The weather was cooperative, today, so I swapped out the Gen1's for the Gen2's and am pleased with the results. I think the nose of my truck is finally done. (Yay!)

In This Pic: Gen2 driver's side finished product (night view)

In This Pic: Gen2 passenger side finished product (night view)

In This Pic: Truck front (day view w/ all lights on)

In This Pic: Gen2 finished product 's installed Truck Front - May 12, 2012 (day view)
    THIS IS SWEET.....^^^^^^^, The Finished product is Unbelievable... Well DOne!!!

Thanks for the positive feedback PMF, Enkei, and DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Look'in Bright!!!!!! Do they come on with the parking lights or head lights?
    I have them tied to the DRL's so they are on during the day. I also have the DRL's set to remain on (diode mod) with low/high beam use. Thus, they're always on when the transmission is engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    Sadly, nobody makes decent LED bumper lights for this generation of Silverado/Avalanche, so I just bought LED DRLs on eBay that I'm waiting to receive. I'll have to make due with that until I can do a crazy LED project and make some custom LED lights in the factory housings.
    Mine are made by Eagle Eye. If you buy them I recommend you seal them with silicon sealant before deploying them. I had a drop ship error in my favour where two sets were accidentally sent but I was only charged for one set ... and it ended up being a good thing because I learned with the first set that they were poorly sealed ... and corrected it with the second set.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 05-13-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Got a pic without the head lights on?

Not one that came out; lighting yesterday was pretty poor for pics during the day ... and I couldn't get just the DRL's on while the truck had its nose in the garage (even with a flashlight pointed straight at the light sensor).

I'll eventually get one around dusk ... timing will have to be right for it, though. Probably not tonight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12