GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 Last Post byLast Post by

After reading the post in regard to the PCM...I am from old school carbs, 12 wires under the hood no plastic parts and honest truth don't know my way around under the hood anymore...couldn't you just pull the stock pcm and switch it with the modified one, plug in the original when needed for service? seems it wouldn't leave a trail....keep it in the glove box if you have a breakdown... just wondering

The mileage for one would not match up in some of the newer models. One ECM would show one mileage the other showing another mileage, only one would match with the odometer reading.

Default duh

Well I guess that should have been obvious too me!....

Guess if you don't change anything that would void your warranty your safe...like I said I'm kinda old school and probably won't change much...DIC, fogs, running boards and rear wheelwell liner.

Speaking of which...what recomendation for a wider runningboard for a NSB' I really like the stock ones on my Trailblazer.
    Any input guys...I value your opinions

Quote Originally Posted by zach45 View Post
    how about a leveling kit?

sorry for all the Q's just trying to figure out what im going to do with my 08 ext cab

before you do anything check with your dealer... my dealer treats me and my whole family right.... they've told me this exact thing before that if the mod caused the problem it wouldnt be covered.... but i installed a leveling kit about 10 months ago and my ball joint on my front drivers side went out last week and they changed it under waranty even though that the kit probably was the cause of it... and im also getting my truck tuned thursday by one of the managers at the dealership and he said if something goes wrong he'll put my stock settings back on before i bring it in... so just check n see how they'll treat you..
    "I'll Sleep When I Die"

2009 Chevy Silverado LT1
    295/70/17 Toyo MT's
    2" rough country leveling kit
    CAI
    magnaflow exhaust
    custom tune
    spray in Line-X bedliner
    deep low profile took box
    6000K HID's
    5% + 20% tint on door windows and rear + layer of 10% rear glass and 5% tint strip
    2 12" Kicker CVT's
    custom sub boxes
    1000 watt hifonics sub amp
    4 6.5" hifonics door speakers
    4 hifonics tweeters
    320 watt hifonics amp
    Quad bell train horn
    5 gallon air tank with 100% duty Viar compressor
    galls street thunder deluxe siren/PA

Sr. Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by toothpick View Post
    The mileage for one would not match up in some of the newer models. One ECM would show one mileage the other showing another mileage, only one would match with the odometer reading.
    Not really true. GM has had mileage logging for a while in the E38, much like they have reflash history in there too (though not as intricate as the LMM). But, they never seem to enable the ability to read any of this data with the Tech II.
    Black Bear Performance- Custom Tuning Solutions

Authorized EFILive and MAGNACHARGER seller

Blog Entries

I have a 2012 silverado LT would doing some kind of performance/aftermarket exhaust cause problems with my warrenty?
    Pat- working in MI, lives in PA
    2012 Silverado LT 1500 5.3L 4x4 loaded (minus leather, navigation, and sunroof)

This thread reminds me of when I had an electronic cigarette store. Customers would order parts and connect them to a modified higher voltage device to get more out of it. The down side is that these parts fry when you up the voltage, so I always had customers trying to return parts they fried themselves by running over voltage. As a business owner, it is a pain dealing with people who break their stuff by not using it as it was designed to be used and then want you to give them a new one. One of the reasons I don't sell them anymore. I got tired of fighting with customers like that. And yes, you can tell when they have been burned out due to over voltage. They get a smell about them.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moogvo View Post
    This thread reminds me of when I had an electronic cigarette store. Customers would order parts and connect them to a modified higher voltage device to get more out of it. The down side is that these parts fry when you up the voltage, so I always had customers trying to return parts they fried themselves by running over voltage. As a business owner, it is a pain dealing with people who break their stuff by not using it as it was designed to be used and then want you to give them a new one. One of the reasons I don't sell them anymore. I got tired of fighting with customers like that. And yes, you can tell when they have been burned out due to over voltage. They get a smell about them.
    There is no mistaking the smell of a burned up electronic part. Once you get that smell in your nose, it is difficult to get rid of it. Since I work on elevators, I deal with this all the time especially in the summer time due to lightning strikes. 10000 volts going through 24vdc circuits doesn't work very good. It tends to fry a lot of components.

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Quote Originally Posted by Red Z71 Max View Post
    There is no mistaking the smell of a burned up electronic part. Once you get that smell in your nose, it is difficult to get rid of it. Since I work on elevators, I deal with this all the time especially in the summer time due to lightning strikes. 10000 volts going through 24vdc circuits doesn't work very good. It tends to fry a lot of components.
    I LOVE elevators!!! I used to get into the elevator shaft at various places I worked and ride the top of the elevators. I love to explore the "secret life of machines". Once, I found a floor that the elevator didn't actually have a button for on the control panel. I imagine that is what the digital number pad inside was for. Turned out to be a totally unsecured headquarters for the company that owned the building. I could step right in from the top of the elevator car.

As a side note, I HAVE actually been banned from 1 hotel and 1 office building for screwing with the elevators. LOL!

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moogvo View Post
    I LOVE elevators!!! I used to get into the elevator shaft at various places I worked and ride the top of the elevators. I love to explore the "secret life of machines". Once, I found a floor that the elevator didn't actually have a button for on the control panel. I imagine that is what the digital number pad inside was for. Turned out to be a totally unsecured headquarters for the company that owned the building. I could step right in from the top of the elevator car.

As a side note, I HAVE actually been banned from 1 hotel and 1 office building for screwing with the elevators. LOL!
    Its a wonder you never got hurt or killed. An elevator is a very dangerous piece of machinery if you don't know what your are doing. There has been many instances of college students getting killed from doing what you are describing. Think of it has playing in traffic. Eventually the outcome is not going to be pretty.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 Last Post byLast Post by