GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Update: I have an interview Tuesday morning with Amazon's fulfillment center that is now under construction in Murfreesboro, TN. I am interviewing for the position of Technician III. I don't have the job yet nor do I know when it will start if I am so lucky as to get it. Then there is the matter of figuring out how to move 8 hours away. Moving is very expensive and I am kind of strapped for cash now. I am praying that I will get a good sale soon with my business, one good sale could wipe away all my worries. I am very excited about moving to this area because I have heard so many good things about it. I am going to be moving there anyway if I am able to swing it because I know there are allot of jobs there for me if I were already there. I will be looking for a house to rent that has a garage or at least a carport and a fenced back yard is mandatory because of my 2 dogs. 2 -3 bedrooms are needed and I prefer to live in an area where the houses are not on top of each other but I could live with that for now if needed. I am still open for suggestions, Ideas or any input you may have. Thanks to all who have helped, please keep it up.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Good luck on the interview. Moving is always an interesting thing. When we moved to NC from PA we were strapped for cash also. We had a mortgage in PA and rent in NC. I am not sure how we made it work but we did. Again good luck and safe travels.

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

The Best of luck with the interview, just be yourself and I think you will be a shoe in

Quote Originally Posted by donyms View Post
    Update: I have an interview Tuesday morning with Amazon's fulfillment center that is now under construction in Murfreesboro, TN. I am interviewing for the position of Technician III. I don't have the job yet nor do I know when it will start if I am so lucky as to get it. Then there is the matter of figuring out how to move 8 hours away. Moving is very expensive and I am kind of strapped for cash now. I am praying that I will get a good sale soon with my business, one good sale could wipe away all my worries. I am very excited about moving to this area because I have heard so many good things about it. I am going to be moving there anyway if I am able to swing it because I know there are allot of jobs there for me if I were already there. I will be looking for a house to rent that has a garage or at least a carport and a fenced back yard is mandatory because of my 2 dogs. 2 -3 bedrooms are needed and I prefer to live in an area where the houses are not on top of each other but I could live with that for now if needed. I am still open for suggestions, Ideas or any input you may have. Thanks to all who have helped, please keep it up.
    good luck with your interview, best bet about houses is a real estate company you'll probably end up renting from one anyway

2012 Silverado

jnbama hit the nail on the head there. I'll be going through the same thing in a few months. He knows what he's talking about... Good luck with the interview though...
    93 Suburban (Southern Slayer): TBI 350, 4L60E
    73 Z28 Camaro: L82, TKO 600

KJ4CLI

"...Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back..."

Good luck on your new adventure. Uhaul, Ryder and penske all seem to have a range of trucks to rent. For much less than a moving company
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Well, another update. I didn't make it to the interview because my flight was canceled due to weather in Atlanta. I was going yesterday on a shoestring budget and a prayer and after the flight being postponed I contacted the company and explained that I would have to make some more money before rescheduling the interview, that was so embarrassing. It was a real letdown for me as I had spent 3 days preparing for this interview and spent $100 but I'm sure everything will work out in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by donyms View Post
    Well, another update. I didn't make it to the interview because my flight was canceled due to weather in Atlanta. I was going yesterday on a shoestring budget and a prayer and after the flight being postponed I contacted the company and explained that I would have to make some more money before rescheduling the interview, that was so embarrassing. It was a real letdown for me as I had spent 3 days preparing for this interview and spent $100 but I'm sure everything will work out in the end.
    Sorry it didn't work out for you, check Huntsville, AL and Decatur has lots of industry , companies are building and moving into this area

Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully another door opens up.

Ugh, that's lame.