GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Default Will You give some Feed back. please!!! To All GMTC Members

Hey every one thanks for stopping in, I have posted a link below, to a privet video, it is the first cut of a how to video... this is all new to me, so I am seeking your input , help and advice.....
    Some of the things i am looking for feed back include but are not limited to.....

Photos, to many ? more? slower /longer views, timed to the music? do you like the music does it motivate you to watch and learn? how much text would you need , if you have read the accompanying post, do the pictures explain enough, etc.

(Edit)I guess we can drop the music and related feed back about the music and timing .....

Please comment and share your views, as we will be shooting the rest of the video tomorrow after work, and would like to add to what we already have as soon as i have the time, so your input is required, You must understand , i did the lift, so i am on the inside of the fish bowl looking out, and you my friends are out there looking in,,, and your help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanx in advance Dirty Dog

I can't watch the video, when you click on the play button it says "This video is private"
    Ford has a better idea! Drive a GM!

07 GMC Sierra Classic
    07 Honda Accord EX-L

68 Camaro (blown)
    2011 Ford F550 V10
    I don't own this truck, I just drive it!

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

We can't see it to help you.. :(
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

sorry try now

Says the video is blocked in my country. ??? Never seen that before.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Dam Paul simon and his one trick pony ,,,,lmao I will have to pull it down and change the tunes...

Yep, it's blocked in my country too. I guess Utah and Texas are foreign countries, WTF?

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

ok a found out how to change it up will take a few minutes or maybe longer,a youtube thing,, so i found a Song that will work for tonight,,,, I will get on the music i have rights to publish,,, I guess Paul buddy there didn't get my letter asking for permission.... lmao.... I have a good selection of stuff i can use i will check it out tomorrow,, until then ,,,umm please enjoy the easy listening sounds of Medwyn Goodall and the epic ,,,,song ,,TWO,, from the album Millennium... sorry folks, will sort it out tomorrow.....

the link should work soon in the States....

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

ok its up in the states.... Texas to lol ,,,ummm don't fall asleep ...lmao
    Last edited by Dirty Dog; 05-15-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Ok you asked for feedback and I'll hand you my raw, uncensored reactions. It's not personal, just how I felt. Please take it as such and use it as you will.

I stopped watching at 2:31 ... and I'm someone with a healthy attention span. By that time I was tired/bored of transition effects ... and had experienced only pictures and music despite having read your text asking if I was inspired to watch/learn. Regarding the transition effects .. you have piles of them and some of them are 3 seconds long. They are too numerous and, in many cases, too long. Regarding watching/learning -- the pictures do not last long enough to learn from and there's no text or overlays pointing my eye to what you are trying to show me in the picture.

If the goal is to showcase the lift for the owner opf the truck then you have succeeded with a nice video montage. However, if the goal is to provide something instructional/educational then it needs revision ... such that it conveys the most information in the least time ... using the easiest to understand/interpret methodologies (which might include text, overlays, circling things in photos you want seen, etc.). I say that as someone who has experience with adult education. The keys to success, there are: good use of time, solid information, presented in an easy to understand format.

I hope this feedback helps. Again, it's not personal and it's provided in raw, uncensored format because you requested feedback for improvement.

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

hey surreal.... your feed back is accepted with a grain of salt and a dash of pepper,,,,, since you stopped viewing at 2.31--- i stopped paying attention to your raw uncensored reactions for feed back and input for improvement, .....at your statement that you stopped watching at 2.31...That being said, the first minute and a half of the video,is just, before and after shots of the truck. So I can conclude that you only watched a minute of the tear down and maybe 10 secs of the lift. That is sorta like judging a book by its cover or writing a book report from the dust jackets synopsis ... (but I did at least have the courtesy to read the whole of your post, and will take what useful advice, if any, that you have offered and incorporate into the final cut, if at all possible)
    So no offence meant, and none taken here....
    thanks any ways.......

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by