GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default alignment issues please help

I have a 1998 chevy silverado z71 I installed a roughcountry 2-3 suspension lift about 2 months ago. My torsion bars are almost let all of the way down and the driver side tire is learning in and the camber is adjusted all of the way out. But my passenger side is aligned to factory spects there for has no problem aligning correctly. My driver side tire is getting chewed to pieces the berrings and ball joints are good and nothing is bent please help!!!

Welcome to the club!! Did you take the truck in for an alignment after you did the suspension changes? Or are you getting this info from trying to do an alignment with a tape measure?

I didn't know about this issue until I took it to get it aligned and the guy told me their was no adjustment in camber on the driver side and said the tire was still leaning in a bit and now it is eating that tire up.

I just got my truck aligned last week.
    guy explaied it to me very well.

they (chevy) changed their A-arm desighn for our trucks. they no longer have that barrle arm where shims would go to adjust camber/caster.
    there is now just a hole for each upper A-arm to frame bushing bolt to go though.

once the truck ages enough (or gets lifted enough) you need to take a special too and 'pop' out the pre stammped pieces of metal parallel to the bolt hole, witch will in turn, elongate it to allow for the perfect adjustment of camber/caster.

so just take it to a more educated shop/technition and they can do it properly. dont let them rip you off either... the dealer wants like... $150 PER SIDE.... so yeah... screw that
    wasnt the bailout enough?....