GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default to buy or not to buy

hey guys just finish talking to my buddy and he had installed the alpine w910 ina tahoe a couple weeks ago and he got to swap it out for a different modle since it wont power up sirus and he got a likfe time subsrciption anyways he did a quote fo me saying i wont get better for this deck anywhere else and everything installed came to $1800 dollars is it worth that muc or should i go with the pioneer 8400bh

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

Don't know about prices, but I do hear a couple of things about that Alpine. Some say it is a little slow. I don't know anything about the Pioneer.
    Please Tell Your Boobs To Quit Staring At My Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by osgprometheus View Post
    Don't know about prices, but I do hear a couple of things about that Alpine. Some say it is a little slow. I don't know anything about the Pioneer.
    You could buy a brand new Alpine INA-W910 for $1049.99 from Crutchfield. They want $750 dollars to install the head unit ... and they're charging you for a brand new one? Or are they charging you less than the cost for a brand new one ... and raping you even more on the installation of the head unit???

Sounds like a sucker deal, to me. Google is your friend.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

What are you looking for?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    You could buy a brand new Alpine INA-W910 for $1049.99 from Crutchfield. They want $750 dollars to install the head unit ... and they're charging you for a brand new one? Or are they charging you less than the cost for a brand new one ... and raping you even more on the installation of the head unit???

Sounds like a sucker deal, to me. Google is your friend.
    Well there you go. lol

right now it is in a customers truck but getting swapped for another one he says brand new from them is like 1600 and he is going to give me just the deck for 880 and 750 roughly for labor to install it and all the parts i need for it. Also the pac from them for my chime steering wheel controls and onstar is $330 is there anywhere i can find it for cheaper. or should i just scrap the aolpine and go with the pioneer 8500BT for 699 i can get it online for around 572

The steering wheel control module is usually one device ... and the wiring harness with chime interface is usually another, separate device.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Still sounds a bit much..

I agree ... but he's in Canada ... so it's going to be more than we're used to in the USA. The current conversion rate is 0.9955 US dollars for 1.0 Canadian dollar. Then there's inflation in Canada ... as their dollars buy less than US dollars so they need more of them to buy the same things we buy.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 05-15-2012 at 08:12 PM.

see this is why i hate canada :(but i dont need the nav in my truck since i wont be leaveing town much and if i do i got my onstar so would some like the pioneer 4400bh be better and anyone know where i can find the steering wheel interface and the chime interface online
    Last edited by Burden33; 05-15-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by