GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Falken Hight Country A/T?

Hello, I have a 2006 Silverado single cab I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these tires? http://www.treadsource.com/images/P/...ntry_AT-14.jpg. I like the way they look, and I just wonder how long I could expect them to last, how loud they will be, things like that. Also would I need to worry about 265/70/17 rubbing at all? I have 245/70/17 cooper discoverer h/t's on right now, but they just don't look mean enough for me. Thanks guys. This site is always so helpful.

You should get decent wear out of them, I am not that familiar with Falken. I had 265's on my 03 and didn't have any problems.
    Ford has a better idea! Drive a GM!

07 GMC Sierra Classic
    07 Honda Accord EX-L

68 Camaro (blown)
    2011 Ford F550 V10
    I don't own this truck, I just drive it!

Good to know about no rubbing. I didnt really figure there would be but better safe than sorry! I'd also be interested in other A/t's if anyone has any suggestions. I'm just trying to find some aggressive ones that won't break the bank or my Mpg's. I'm really enjoying my 20 avg. Lol

Legend

First are you driving a 2wd or 4x4, if 4x4 you can get 285s with no rubbing, I have dunlop maxx traction mud rovers and will never have another tire as long as they make these! They are awesome in snow and everything else, a little noisy on the road and are even a E load 10 ply rating and are not a harsh ride either. Right before I got these I had a set of BFG A/T KO and I hated them, I HATED them. So much that I kept them for 2 months and just sold them for what I could, considering what i paid for those turds these were a steal at 160 a tire.
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

It's a 2wd sadly.. I would kill for a 4x4. Lol those dunlops look pretty mean. How many miles do you get out of them? I don't mind spending a bit more if a tire is gonna last me.

I have similar tires.

Falken Rocky Mountain AT/S 265-70R17.....had em on for about 10 months now and I love them, tread wear is good so far, much better traction in the snow than my old wranglers.

Here is a video about the Rocky Mountains...

Gonna find out how good they are in the rocks sand and mud this weekend.

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."