GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Center console swap to jump seat

Hi Guys,
    I have a 2007 2500hd classic that i am installing a front jump seat in to fit all of our family. I have all the parts to do the swap but trying to find a step by step instructions for doing this. i found a thread before where a guy had posted it with all the pictures, now i cant find it. If anyone has a link to this post or pictures of their swap it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

If I am not mistaken, the front seat bolts hold the third seat down. As for the console, that might mount the same way. Otherwise, a big hammer to remove?
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

What are you going to do with the center console? If you are going to sell it send me a PM please. It should fit an 11 1500.

I know we are in different body styles but I would like to know if the jumpseat is its own seperate seat or if its one big piece like a bench seat?
    2007 Silverado RS, 4.8 V8, 2WD
    Flowmaster Super 44 with turndown
    Black painted front grille & bumper
    Black / red Painted bowties
    Black 18in. Silverado wheels
    Black / Red interior conversion (in process)
    89 Chevy Sport tribute decals

I'm looking to do the opposite of this.. I was thinking of going from a jumpseat to a console in my singlecab. Let me know how that goes for you. I'm worried about the exact fitment for mine, I'd rather not have to drill new holes. Anybody converted either way?

The drivers and passenger seats bolt down the middle whether it's a jump seat or center console. No new holes that I recall....I took the center out all together.
    4.8L Vortec | 6inch Lift | 35'' BFG ALL TERRAINS | K&N Intake | AirRaid Throttle Body Space | 3inch straight pipe dumped at rear axle | BlackBear Tuned | 2 13in JL Audio Subs | 1000watt HD amp, 2.9 cap | Kenwood Dble Din | Gibson Hi Flo Cats | HIDs Hi/Los 55watt 8000k |4.56 gears |

there are 4 bolts per front seat and take the seats out... there is also 4 bolts at the botom of the center console in the big conpartment... then there is 2 bolts behind the pockets under the heater controls. should just lift out from there if i remember correctly.
    2006 CHEVROLET SILVERADO LT
    - STOCK FOR NOW, PLANS - LEVELING/LIFT, FUEL WHEELS AND BIGGER TIRES

NEW
    OLD

Yes, the jumpseat is its own seperate seat. In fact, one can swap out the fixed center seat with the fold-down jumpseat which can also be switched out the center console. They are all interchangeable with each other & all use the same mounting holes. Also, if somebody wanted to build a custom center console, they can remove the mounting bracket from center console/seat & use it to attach the unit.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, the jumpseat is its own seperate seat. In fact, one can swap out the fixed center seat with the fold-down jumpseat which can also be switched out the center console. They are all interchangeable with each other & all use the same mounting holes. Also, if somebody wanted to build a custom center console, they can remove the mounting bracket from center console/seat & use it to attach the unit.

- - - Updated - - -

you will have to drill holes in the box to get the center counsil in. i have one in my regular cab and i wanted to switch the a 60/40 seat and the bolts were drilled right in the bottom of the cab
    99 chevy 1500 silverado 4.8 vortec True 2.5' dual exhaust with 3' Silver vein tips and vx muffler, 2005 tail light swap, mb tko 16" matte black rims Upcoming mods:HID headlights, 2" leveling kit