GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is good info. sstoner do you have a link for the shadow tips sheet. I just looked and the only thing that I see is the general tips. I may have to try and do my parts again. Thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    This is good info. sstoner do you have a link for the shadow tips sheet. I just looked and the only thing that I see is the general tips. I may have to try and do my parts again. Thank you for your help.
    Well I think the tip sheet
    On the shadow paint page is just a generic tips sheet. It could mess you up if you only looked at the tip sheet..does three can say not to scuff prior to paint? Hopefully it does...As for redoing the parts I would think you could scuff the clear and redo it but if the first application is messed up your still going to see it possibly asits like a black candy.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

If I am going to retry this stuff I would rather start back with it being in the chrome state. Everything that I could find said not to scuff the part first. I know that using regular spray paint you should scuff it as you said. I watched an episode of truckU and they used this stuff. They also didn't scuff the part and warned not to because it will effect the final product.
    I am a little bummed cause they made it look so easy so I had high hopes my parts would look good. I guess a wrench turner shouldn't think he could be a painter. LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12