GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Front Valance removal not the air damn the piece above it

Greetings to all from Colorado! Need some help, I want to remove the front valance located right below the shinny chrome bumper, I stuck my hand up inside and felt the whatever's it is that holds it on. What do I need to get this thing off....Help Me Please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dand View Post
    Greetings to all from Colorado! Need some help, I want to remove the front valance located right below the shinny chrome bumper, I stuck my hand up inside and felt the whatever's it is that holds it on. What do I need to get this thing off....Help Me Please!!!
    Truck...year..maybe a pic....

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

It' a 06 Silverado what type of tool do I need for the nuts used to attach it

Pretty sure he means this piece pictured below, I don't own this body style anymore otherwise I would crawl under and check for you. Hopefully someone else can provide more info.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2006silverado.jpg  

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

That's the piece alright! After crawling back under for a closer look I've found that it attached vis push pins (clamps) just as are the fender flares. By the way the push pins are 4 bucks a piece, there's' a male and and female. Oh yeh there's 13 of them.

That's the piece alright! After crawling back under for a closer look I've found that it attached vis push pins (clamps) just as are the fender flares. By the way the push pins are 4 bucks a piece, there's' a male and and female. Oh yeh there's 13 of them.
    You might be able to get them cheaper at Lowes. I've seen a number of push pins in a cabinet of theirs ... going for far, far less than stealerships want.

Ya just pop the pin up with a small screw driver then pop the other part out.

Are talking about the center of the pin or what

If I remember correctly, the center (male) pulls out and then you have to squeeze 2 wings from the bottom to get the female part completely out. I took mine off a couple of months ago. It was an ordeal due to 8 years of dirt under there.

2010 OEM 20" Wheels
    Color-matched mirror covers and emblem
    20% tinted windows - 6" eyebrow
    Black rear fender-wells
    Completely debadged and demolded
    Duramax airbox replacement w/ K&N filter
    2" Rear drop shackle
    Tailgate light bar
    Flowmaster Delta 50 w/ double tip exits
    Blue footwell lighting
    12" Pioneer Sub (custom downfire box) 850W amp
    Full LED interior

Cheez is right but on mine, I got fed up with trying to get them off so I broke them all off and replaced them with Grade A bolts, flat, and lock washers and nuts.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by