GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2003 yukon xl trans riding out 2-3 shift

Hi, Last friday we got the boat out of storage I towed it home and I noticed that in tow haul mode the truck was riding out 2nd gear pretty long. We took it to the lake and all was ok other than riding out the gear. Took the boat off, drove about 300 miles, everything felt normal. I notice that when I take off from a light it is riding out 2nd longer than normal. Then it has soft smooth shift (I would not have known it shifted if the rpms did not drop) It does not do this every time. I Checked the fluid and it is clean and does not smell. I know nothing about trans internals. Any ideas what the issue may be? Thanks

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Sr. Engineer

Check tps voltages that it is a nice gradual rise no glitches from idle to wot.
    RESIDENT NUT.....MY CLAIM TO FAME .....