GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Wasp Spray.

Serious. It has a long distance spray, and when sprayed in the face of an intruder, they will be stopped until they go to hospital (in cuffs). My wife has this by her bedside, and at her office. She also has a .380

My wife is very nervous about guns, but we shoot them often, and she loves to shoot the AR's. Best way to overcome fear is knowledge. She is learning about them, and the safety measures we take when handling them. She will also be taking a concealed carry class with my son in a few weeks.

On my side, is a home defense 12 gauge holding 7 shells, SW 40, Keltec 9mm, with enough ammo to get me to the AR's. Prepared for any zombie invasion.
    Mark
    89 K Blazer 4" lift 35x12.5x15, warn hubs, cut out flares. Soon to have headers, posi carriers, gears.
    2000 K2500 Crew Cab 5.7 285/75R16's. 3" Body lift. Suspension parts being ordered.
    Lots more to do on both the trucks

And a bunch of fast Buicks

Monanondock Is a winderful weapon to have ae gottyem for work so mine if locked up in a safe with my oc spray and tazer. But you can do some serious damage if u hit someone in the right spot

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

What a bunch of nervous Nellys. First off, I have no kids in the house, second, my dogs are part of my family "not mean dogs at all" and would probably help an intruder load the furniture. IDK, I tend to agree with @The Heater but if someone were to try and enter my house at night while I was asleep I would know about it because my Yorkie has very good hearing and barks at the slightest noise at night. I have a Ruger 9mm with 17 rounds of police pack and hollow points just in case but honestly I don't worry about intruders. My little woman was also scared to death of guns at first but after several trips to the range and teaching her safety, aiming, squeezing, and she has fired hundreds of rounds now, the 9 on the nightstand does not bother her at all, she is comfortable with it and bugs me to go back to the range all the time now. She is also as good a shot as me now and I am not a bad shot. I think the bottom line is don't hang out with druggies, pick a nice area to live, treat people good and if you have a gun teach your wife, girlfriend or significant other to use it and be comfortable with it. Oh and a female barking dog is good too. Note: Huskies don't bark.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donyms View Post
    Note: Huskies don't bark.
    That would depend on what kind of Husky your talking about. Ive lived with a purebred Siberian and it was a good barking watchdog. Ive got 3 Husky Shepherd mix and they are a great alarm system. I was on a job that had an Alaskan Malamute and that barked at me every time I was walking by the house. Not sure of other type Huskies.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

I've got a 20 gauge that my dad gave me for a present when I was 14 loaded up with buckshot on a super full turkey choke. Its quite cumbersome though as the barrel is full length 28 inches. One night I realized that I need a way to see what I'll be aiming at so I went and bought a cheap flashlight and zip tied it to the bottom of the barrel really tight.

I had a .40 Sigma with a light hanging off of it that I liked and it stayed on the nightstand when it wasn't in my truck. Now I have the same pistol but no light, so I'll probably wind up buying another one.

For silence and deadliness, there's my bow

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

You know, I hadn't thought of using Wasp Spray, but we have it here, have to use it on our concrete tile roof all the time, and it really would be a great idea for hitting a burglar in the face with it. No way they can do anything after that, it sprays real hard for a good 20 feet, and the ingredients are VERY nasty.
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling

When I was growing up in Memphis we just latched the screen door at night, the day Martin Luther King was killed Dad came rushing in and got his shotgun loaded with buckshot and put in the corner next to his chair. Their last years in the same neighborhood had steel bars on the windows bolt locks on the doors and the old shotgun that I have now. Carried a S&W 357 with 38+ps around for years hidden in the truck ,would have gotten in serious trouble if caught but I was in some very bad areas.
    2012 4.8 LS

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    That would depend on what kind of Husky your talking about. Ive lived with a purebred Siberian and it was a good barking watchdog. Ive got 3 Husky Shepherd mix and they are a great alarm system. I was on a job that had an Alaskan Malamute and that barked at me every time I was walking by the house. Not sure of other type Huskies.
    Didn't say that Huskies can't bark but they generally prefer to talk and bark very little if any. Mine is a pure bred Siberian Husky and I would say she may bark 1 time in 2 months and then it sounds funny like she really don't know how. I am sure there are always exceptions to any rule but all the books also talk about how Huskies rarely bark. I'm not really sure how my Husky would react to an intruder but she has never met a stranger so that concerns me as far as her being a watch dog. I think that would be a cool mix to have, the Husky / Shepard mix both great dogs. Here is a Picture of my Mya.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mya RS.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	39757
    Last edited by donyms; 05-20-2012 at 05:01 PM.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Als09Sierra View Post
    Wondering what others use to defend their home. Unfortunately, the wife is really fighting me on getting a shotgun for the home. She did say that she'd be more comfortable with a handgun, which takes 6 months for a permit, but I also feel that a shotgun would be fun at the range, and provide more oomph protection. Let me know if you have any suggestions for convincing the wife too.
    A handgun is only a tool used to a) get one to a long gun, b) continue fire when the long gun has malfunctioned, c) continue fire when the long gun is empty, or d) provide protection when/where one cannot have a long gun. Ever notice LEOs tend to have long guns in their cars? Ever notice that the military uses primarily long guns ... with pistols as backup? You might point these things out to your wife...
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 05-20-2012 at 04:59 PM.

The reason LEO's went to carrying long guns in their cars was because of a bank robbery in LA were the LAPD was out gunned by 2 guys with AK's and drum mags. They were also wearing full body armor. They had to go to the local gun store to get weapons that had some stop to them.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast