GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Thanks for all the good responses. All I can say is that fear is not logical. I try to speak with my wife about it, and encourage her to learn and come with me to the store or the range. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to break the barrier so far. I wish she would get interested in it and go to the range. I'll keep working on her though. The guy at the local gun shop said to have her watch some doomsday show on the history channel. Apparently he knows a few other friends whose wives quickly encouraged them to buy guns after watching the show. I'll be recording it when I can.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Ha. The show with the Mayan calendar and whats going to happen afterwards is a great tool. My DAD saw one and was looking and asking about 1911 .45s the next day.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

i want a nice 1911 so bad, but thats alot of dough to drop on one gun. me thinks ill be getting a AR-15 before a 1911 at this point....

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Get 2 dogs that have some guard dog instincts and then any gun with some hollow points
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Hello, Donyms:

That is one cute puppy you got there, pardner!
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling

AR15 with hollowpoints and surefire light for night and dark places. 223 caliber is just a 22 on steroids. I live out in the county and don't really worry about over penetration. Don't use armor piercing ammo for home defense, thats for roadblocks! Cool thing about an AR15 is you can build it yourself out of various parts to your personal tastes. Last one I built from various manufacturers components cost just under $500. Just use military surplus 30 round magazines in case its a gang thing...

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    The reason LEO's went to carrying long guns in their cars was because of a bank robbery in LA were the LAPD was out gunned by 2 guys with AK's and drum mags. They were also wearing full body armor. They had to go to the local gun store to get weapons that had some stop to them.
    Possibly true in the city, however the officers in rural areas I've known for years have always had shottys in the car.

They are using Shotguns in the patrol cars here as well.

For home defense i have my blow-gun with poisonous tree frog darts, backed up by a paintball gun with marbles in it, which is then backed up by a glock model 22 .40cal stuffed with Hornady Critical Defense ammunition... which is in turn backed up by a Remington R-25 VTR (which is .308 for those who don't know) with a tact light, green laser sight, frang rounds X31. Come get me suckas!

...I'm betting the paintball gun hurts the most...

..because it does.

.personal experience.

LMMFAO

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Quote Originally Posted by Als09Sierra View Post
    Thanks for all the good responses. All I can say is that fear is not logical. I try to speak with my wife about it, and encourage her to learn and come with me to the store or the range. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to break the barrier so far. I wish she would get interested in it and go to the range. I'll keep working on her though. The guy at the local gun shop said to have her watch some doomsday show on the history channel. Apparently he knows a few other friends whose wives quickly encouraged them to buy guns after watching the show. I'll be recording it when I can.
    Keep working on it. My wife is similar as in it took 10 years of convincing before I got a handgun. She never had an issue with my rifles but for unrational reasons (and she admitted such) she didnt like handguns. Well I finally bought a Ruger P95 with sort of a blessing from the wife. What may have kinda been a trick is I bought a bb gun pistol originally for me and our daughter. I got her to shoot that a few times and she realized she kind of enjoyed it. so I finally got the 9mm and got her to at least handle (and use properly) it a little as I stripped and cleaned it. I finally got her to go to the range and I rented a sig .22 for her to start with (trick is start small caliber and work them up), then moved her to my 9mm. She actually enjoyed shooting them, but like the .22 better and not just because of the ease of shooting. The grip on my Ruger is a little big for her hands so it made it a little harder to shoot. I am slowly converting her and will be working on that 1911 next . May even try to buy her a Ruger SR22 or just get a 22 conversion for the 1911 if I get one. Almost forgot, I also got her to start watching shows like top shot and sons of guns with me. Helps also that I started getting my 5 year old (4 when I started all this) educated and enjoying them as well as it makes it 2 on 1

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

I guess to answer the original question, we have a black lab for early warning in the house. then comes the 9mm followed by the 10/22 and then the 30-30 but thats getting a little big for shooting in the house. Also have a variety of large knives in the nightstand.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... Last Post byLast Post by