GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: The storm

Thumbs up The storm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1425.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	39747Hey folks, hope everyones having a good day. Just cleaned the truck up good today and thought I would give it it's own thread in the gallery. But first a little history of the truck. I've owned it about 10 months, and I love it. I have many plans for it but have to pace myself. Don't have pics of it the day I bought it readily available, but I might find one and post it later. Bought it with alot of bells and whistles on it already but I've added mods to it pretty regularly. First I put on a Flowmasters exhaust with 3" black chrome tips. Then I changed the front emblem to a AMI black powder coated emblem. I followed that up with AVS smoke headlight covers and black IPCW tail lights and third brake light. I then added a Volant cold air intake with ram air scoop which I will be customizing when I have the time. I've recently ordered LED replacement bulbs for the doom, map, license plate, fog lights, and low beams from IJDM at http://store.ijdmtoy.com, which I've yet to receive. Will post pics when they are installed. Enough typing here it goes. Let me know what you think or any tips are appreciated.

Name:	100_1427.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	39749

Name:	100_1426.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	39748

Name:	100_1421.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	39746

Name:	100_1414.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	39744

Name:	100_1413.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	39743

Name:	100_1418.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	39745
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_1411.jpg  
    Last edited by LOVINTHESTORM; 05-20-2012 at 06:28 PM.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

looking good dude! defiantly a unique look! im curious to see were your truck will end up.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Very nice... That gray cleans up good and the Lights look Killer...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

How do you like your Volant CAI?

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

I really like the Volant intake. I got the ram air scoop but plan on customizing it because I didn't like the way it stuck down below the air dam. Haven't seen much mgp gain mostly cause U can't keep my foot off the gas pedal. I just love to hear and feel the power gains. It's no supercharger but I can definitely tell it gained some power and sounds killer.

Master Mechanic

I think the moldings look good and I'd debate bout removing them. I only removed mine because they weren't painted like the ones on my Sierra.

Looks awesome man! I have been thinking about getting the AVS headlight covers since I bought the truck and was wondering if you have to remove them to drive at night? or does your low beams shine through enough to where you and other driver's can see? Let me know if you would, I think the covers would match my smoked tail lights pretty well. Also, love your wheels. They look familiar lol
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

Animal the headlight covers look cool but that's it. Not real crazy about them. You can't see crap through them and sometimes I do take them off when I'm not in the city. They are just temp. until I can the black projections I really want Recon's CCFL ($599). I wouldn't recommend anyone get the covers for no reason other than looks and be prepared to have to take the off frequently.

So this weekend I demolded my truck and change the rear emblem to a black billet one. I also put LED's from IJDMtoys.com in the dome,map, license plate, and low beams. I like the new look, it just seems more clean and almost gives it a whole new look. Not liking the low beams and will have to change it up a bit.

Name:	100_1464.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	40058
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_1484.jpg   100_1490.jpg   100_1483.jpg   100_1475.jpg   100_1468.jpg  

100_1465.jpg  
    Last edited by LOVINTHESTORM; 05-28-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by