Recently had an issue with the ignition on my wifes HHR, she had no problems or signs of a problem, Saturday evening she drove to the store and while trying to start the car to come home the ignition wouldnt turn, the steering wheel and gearshift were locked and no amount of bumping, jarring, forceful leverage on the steering wheel lifting, the front tires off the ground, I tried every trick I could think of, nothing would allow the key to turn.
We left the car at the store that night and I had it towed to the dealership Sunday.
This morning at 730 I called the dealership and they were already in work on the problem, they had an idea what the issue was and by 1200 the car was fixed and ready for pickup.
Not sure how many vehicles, what year, or what models are covered but GM has a special warranty policy out for GM vehicles with issues on the ignition lock.
I couldnt find any further information on the issue so I'm hoping when I go to get the car they can shed more light on it.
Last year we had the car in the shop for the door locks, it wouldnt respond to the remote and the key wouldnt work in the drivers door, I used a slim jim to break in and by time we got it to the dealer the next day there was no problem, not sure if the two are related but I'll definately be asking questions.
Hopefully I'll have more information to update with.