GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Top Offroad Lights? What have been your favorites?

For everyone whos installed offroad lights of any stripe, what have your favorites been?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

I had a pair of KC HiLighters on my jeep. I am currently looking at some of the different LED brand light bars that I may be able to install in the front bumper in the slot just in below the grill.

@alox, if you find one that you like, let me know, i may do something similar, i had been planning on doing KCs at some point on my old truck, but i dont think id like the look of them on this one.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

...perfect timing on this thread @steve ..

Interested to see what everyone has liked/disliked as far as lighting goes. My new toy will most likely end up with lots of lights on it, it'd be good to know whats out there!

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    I had a pair of KC HiLighters on my jeep. I am currently looking at some of the different LED brand light bars that I may be able to install in the front bumper in the slot just in below the grill.
    Maybe check out the Rigid D2 flush mounts. I'm trying to get my hands on a PDF template for those to see if they'll work in my front bumper.

If I put a front end on my truck from a 03 GMC or up, I'll put some LED lamps in the slots of the bumper...just can't recall the name at the moment.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    @aloxdaddy99, here's the dimension & mounting template for the Rigid D2 flush mounts if you're interested...

Warning:
    The GMTC site stupidly auto-resized the image upon upload rather than leaving it alone. As a result, a print of the image will be smaller than the original; the dimensions noted on the image are, however, still correct, so you can do your own rectangle based on the noted measurements.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D2FlushMount-DimsTemplate.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	40748
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 06-17-2012 at 01:44 AM.

Interesting timing on the thread. I don't offroad the Burb at all unless I'm trying to get to a fishing hole, but since I use the Burb in Emergency Response situations (I'm a member of the local ARES), Offroad lights probably would not hurt. Looking into getting a brush guard for the front of the truck and any lights I get will have to mount on that.
    93 Suburban (Southern Slayer): TBI 350, 4L60E
    73 Z28 Camaro: L82, TKO 600

KJ4CLI

"...Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back..."

But back to brands I've always liked ProComp lights because their inexpensive.
    I've never had a set of lights last longer than 6 months they either get broken or stolen so I really dont want to pay a lot for something I know I'll be replacing a short time later.