GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Where are the manuals?

Why won't chevy make a silverado with a v8 and a manual transmission?

Who wouldnt want to have a z71 with a 5 speed stick shift and a 4x4 lever on the floor instead of the stupid push button.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

You have to go get a tiny little tacoma or a ranger to get a stick.......
    2007 Chevy
    Reg cab
    2wd
    4.3 v6
    32'' bfgoodrich all terrains

If they don't sing, they don't sling.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnettamb View Post
    Why won't chevy make a silverado with a v8 and a manual transmission?

Who wouldnt want to have a z71 with a 5 speed stick shift and a 4x4 lever on the floor instead of the stupid push button.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

You have to go get a tiny little tacoma or a ranger to get a stick.......

ME, While I do wish I'd have the 4x4 on the floor, I hate standards in trucks.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Im not saying to take away automatics but right now they have 2 choices...the 4 speed and the 6 speed. i want them to at least offer a manual.
    they are easier the maintain and less can go wrong with them.
    they are just simpler.

Yes that I'll give you. When I restore my parents' 77 Vette, a standard is going in it probably if I don't throw in a "standard" automatic

not really a sport truck but i have a k3500 with a 454 and 5 speed and i love it. Is been a great truck for years

GM refuses to mate a 5.3 and a 5 speed. They mated a 4.8 with a 5 speed till it was dropped in 06 I think (not sure) with a extended cab. 4.3s I get why cuz they have ALOT of low end torque and who doesn't love a V6 with a 5 speed other than me .

its real simple, most people dont know how to drive a stick, and didnt order a new truck(or what have you) with a stick,m so why carry something, realativly few people want. thats part of the reason you will find alot of automatics in over the road trucks, and autos in the military. people dont know how to drive stick anymore.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Yeah i think your right when you say that more people prefer auto and that people dont know how to drive sticks, but i think its something everyone should at least know how to do. never know when your going the have to. plus there are still some people who would like to have one. i just wish they would at least offer one....

It's all in marketing and profit margin.
    A good friend of mine that used to manage Chevrolet Dealerships and now manages a Toyota dealership told me almost every year the last trucks left on the lot were almost always manuals, and they were normally stripped down, the reality of the situation was they told buyers the vehicles were extremely marked down to sell but normally the price was still above MSRP and the vehicles never sold at a loss.
    People dont want manual today, they want everything automatic from the transmission to the windows.

^^^Sad but true. And because of that, the ones that DO want manuals are screwed and don't even have the option to order it the way they want. Heck, you can't even get a bare bones vehicle anymore. Too many things that were "options" 5 years ago are now "standard" now.
    93 Suburban (Southern Slayer): TBI 350, 4L60E
    73 Z28 Camaro: L82, TKO 600

KJ4CLI

"...Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back..."

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by