GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks for all the input.
    Like I said he plans on lifting his truck 6" and getting a set of All Terrains to compliment. The consensus here was with the Bolt On Flares.

carmantx,

Sorry about not having bolt on's for the early GM trucks. Ive asked this too and our sales team is researching the possibility of introducing this style for the older trucks.
    EGR USA
    4000 East Greystone Drive, Ontario, California 91761
    (800) 757-7075
    sales@egrusa.com

I really think the flare style will depend on the tire and wheel package he's gonna use.
    If he goes for a wheel incorporating bolt heads in the pattern and rugged side lugged tires then the bolted will fit in.
    If he uses wheels that are smooth and modular and tires that are more of a road styled tread then the non-bolted flares.

I think the 1st pic are the flares you should go with. They dont really look color matched in the pic....but color match the flares and remove the chrome trim down the side and IMO it would look really good
    2000 Chevy Silverado 4WD Classic
    2'' lift Torsion Keys and air shocks
    33/12.50 Hankook Dynapro M/T
    3 1/2'' down pipe back 6" Tip
    Dodge Towing Mirrors
    Smoked Tails, Cab Lights, and Side Marker Lights
    1% Rear and Side Window, 20% Front Tint
    American Racing Wheels/ With a custom black paint
    Cold Air Intake
    Edge Performance Chip
    Custom Audio System
    LED Tails
    Black background headlights and parking lights

Quote Originally Posted by MTM View Post
    I think the 1st pic are the flares you should go with. They dont really look color matched in the pic....but color match the flares and remove the chrome trim down the side and IMO it would look really good
    I second that ^

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

I like the smoothe all the way.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Going out on a limb here, more flare equals more wind resistance. That said, I didn't find either pic very inspiring. They just made it look like a wannabe flareside. Real fender flares stick out a couple inches, and shouldn't take up the whole fender in the process. Guess I'm just used to trucks with flares you could set your coffee cup on, cars too, as far as that goes. Wanna snaz up your rig, and make it better, add a set of nerf step bars.
    Brian L.

Brian Larson CST. KC9DAK.
    Janesville WI.
    87 GMC G20 6.2 diesel.

I bought a set of egr flares a few years ago and did not care for the quality, I had to force the flares to fit the truck and almost half of the fasteners broke during the install and when I asked about replacements, was ignored. I would get them elsewhere if it was for my truck.
    Andy
    05 Silverado 1500 Z71 Until 6/5/12

Straight Pipe Dual Exhaust
    LED Third Brake Light
    Ram Air Cowl Induction Hood
    Edelbrock Shorty Headers
    DeBadged

Quote Originally Posted by MTM View Post
    ^^^ Only way to go!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Swatchvy View Post
    I bought a set of egr flares a few years ago and did not care for the quality, I had to force the flares to fit the truck and almost half of the fasteners broke during the install and when I asked about replacements, was ignored. I would get them elsewhere if it was for my truck.
    Sorry to hear that. Please email me at bena@egrusa.com so we could discuss this further.
    EGR USA
    4000 East Greystone Drive, Ontario, California 91761
    (800) 757-7075
    sales@egrusa.com

6 in lift and 35s, bolt on definitely. Keeping as-is with Oem rims/tires, no flare.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast