GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Holy hell you have some work. Yeah I'd say replace everything that has to do with suspension and steering. I'd also look into a biohazard cleanup company to clean the inside I bet she'll look good when you're done.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    Holy hell you have some work. Yeah I'd say replace everything that has to do with suspension and steering. I'd also look into a biohazard cleanup company to clean the inside I bet she'll look good when you're done.
    HAHAHAHAHA!! I thought the same thing.. I think I'm gonna tear all of the inside out.. buy a couple gallons of simple green, a pre-fab replacement carpet and headliner, some dynamat, and either some new seats.. or just have the old ones re-done on the inside of it. Hopefully it will clean up well.

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

As a matter of fact.. anybody know of a good reliable place to get replacement carpets?

LMC truck has the pre fabbed type I think. Would have to look.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    badass!! thanks for that bro! I'll most likely be placing my order next payday. Just ordered nearly a grand worth of stuff for both trucks tonight already haha.

Whew, seems like you have a lot of work coming your way. I to live in Texas and know exactly what you mean by our inspection test, they don't play around here but I don't go about the most legal way for everything either but hey you do what you have to do.

Was this a daily driver for the original owner? What on the world did they do to her, looks like shes been killed 5 times and then revived once again. I hope your her final "forever home" and take care Of her as she should have from the very beginning!

I'm not exactly sure where you are in Texas, if your close to Dallas I think I may know a place that would clean out that whole truck, they specialize in full "deep" cleans and I'm sure your would't be a problem. Although if your getting replacement carpet then Id imagine you don't want to worry about it?

Good luck with everything and keep us updates with pictures from the old and new truck. Have fun!

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTechRaider View Post
    Whew, seems like you have a lot of work coming your way. I to live in Texas and know exactly what you mean by our inspection test, they don't play around here but I don't go about the most legal way for everything either but hey you do what you have to do.

Was this a daily driver for the original owner? What on the world did they do to her, looks like shes been killed 5 times and then revived once again. I hope your her final "forever home" and take care Of her as she should have from the very beginning!

I'm not exactly sure where you are in Texas, if your close to Dallas I think I may know a place that would clean out that whole truck, they specialize in full "deep" cleans and I'm sure your would't be a problem. Although if your getting replacement carpet then Id imagine you don't want to worry about it?

Good luck with everything and keep us updates with pictures from the old and new truck. Have fun!
    West Texas here.. about 4 hours west of you on 20.

Definitely just going to replace the carpets and get all the seats redone... IT IS BAD!

As far as what the truck was used for, I'm sure it was a multitude of random crap including but not limited to use on a ranch. It came from Hobbs, NM.. which is an area notorious for its crappy vehicles IMO.

There will be updates on here as they come, but my line of work usually only leaves me about 4 days every 6-7 weeks to myself, so they are slow.. but sure.

Wow, we have a family farm but I can promise you that none of our vehicles look like that.. Lol! I just don't understand how someone can mistreat a vehicle like that. It's sad and they should not be allowed to purchase another car, especially not a truck! I feel bad for the next truck they purchase. Good luck with your new project!

Any picture updates?