GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTechRaider View Post
    Wow, we have a family farm but I can promise you that none of our vehicles look like that.. Lol! I just don't understand how someone can mistreat a vehicle like that. It's sad and they should not be allowed to purchase another car, especially not a truck! I feel bad for the next truck they purchase. Good luck with your new project!
    Yeah.. younger single father as well.. but still no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    Any picture updates?
    Man to be honest I haven't done anything but start the truck since the day it got parked. I was planning on gettin started on it this past week when i took days off... but my buddy crushed both of his feet at work and is confined to a wheelchair (the truck is at his house, which is also where i would have worked on it) and my cousin got t-boned by a teenager running a red light while riding his bike in town. All of that, on top of Billy not being able to use his legs kept me from asking too much of anyone. Decided to stick around and help out his girlfriendwifethingy instead with some of the things he'd not be able to do.

HOWEVER>>> I did order $1108 worth of parts last night including the correct springs, shocks, and camber alignment kit to fix Truck Norris. DID order the replacement carpet for Trina (yes she now has a name haha), as well as the replacement grille, MBRP exhaust, smoked lens headlights turnsignals cab lights 3rd brake light, and 36 sq ft of Dynamat to lay underneath the new carpet.

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Lol "girlfriendwifethingy", too funny. Anyways time will come as needed. Sorry to hear about all the bad. Hopefully things will look up for you! Excited to see all the new parts!

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

That Dynomat is some good stuff. Had some under my 97 Chevy carpet.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

That Dynomat is some good stuff. Had some under my 97 Chevy carpet.
    I plan on doing the headliner, floor, back wall, and doors with it. seeing as it's older, hoping that itll lessen the road noise and air leaks haha.

"Truck Norris"
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade

Haha yep actually kept my old truck purty quiet. When I re do my truck, I'm gonna swap out headliners for a newer one 03+ since I have the overhead console for a 03+ and put some on the roof and the insulation under the carpet. Wanna find a center console from a 04+ and stick it in there too since its a little bit nicer looking. But that will have to wait for a while

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment

Haha yep actually kept my old truck purty quiet. When I re do my truck, I'm gonna swap out headliners for a newer one 03+ since I have the overhead console for a 03+ and put some on the roof and the insulation under the carpet. Wanna find a center console from a 04+ and stick it in there too since its a little bit nicer looking. But that will have to wait for a while

Any idea if that LMC place has headliners as well? I know damn well that the headliner is gonna be a smelly SOB, not for sure on how i can fix that though.

"Truck Norris"
    - Airaid CAI

I don't think they do but don't quote me on that. Best bet would probably be a automotive upholstery shop and they can make a new one out of foam and new material; I THINK.

I just wanna add some comforts and a little better styling to mine really.

03+ headliner
    Dynomat and sound dampener for the roof
    04+ center console
    Recovered and fixed seats and motors
    New carpet (maybe)
    03+ Overhead console (got one already)

And maybe some other things.

Thats on my list.

Current:
    Future:

Current:
    Future:

I've thought about stripping the inside of my truck and redoing it completely. I really wanted a center console but the dealer had none in and I wasn't willing to wait.. Go figure and walked out with the truck I have now. I'm thinking about stripping everything out and finding a totaled LTZ and buying It and doing an interior swap. Interested to see how your conversion goes!

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123