GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default fast blinking turn signal?

I haven't even begun to check it out, except for glancing at a reflection of my left turn signals as I'm driving. It appears that the front is working and the back is not. It blinks normal speed on the right side, but twice as fast on the left. Is this because the rear light appears to be out, or is it a bad relay? I'll probably just buy a new bulb and figure it out for myself before y'all get a chance to answer, but I figured the thread might help someone else, the next time their turn signals/blinkers start acting up.
    I like you.

Greets,

prob just a bad bulb. had the same prob on my yukon and it was a burnt out light in the back signal.

Nag.

.....ya clock faster and faster till the desire for speed overcomes the fear of bus.....

x2 on the bulb. Just replace it and you should be fine if not, I did have a similar issue with my 02 silverado. I traced it down to the connector for the rear wiring harness. It is located on the frame crossmember above the spare tire. It was corroded and the clip was weak. I cleaned it up, put some electronics grease on it and put it back together. Then I used zip ties to hold the connector together. I never had an issue after that.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

x3 on the bulb.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

I too have the same problem w/ the fast blinking turn signal but mine is on the right side rear. First thing I did was replace the bulb which did not fix the problem. Turning on the headlights and the rear lights (brake, running lights) work perfectly so I am at a loss....

Any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by chandlerbingfl View Post
    I too have the same problem w/ the fast blinking turn signal but mine is on the right side rear. First thing I did was replace the bulb which did not fix the problem. Turning on the headlights and the rear lights (brake, running lights) work perfectly so I am at a loss....

Any other ideas?
    I would check the connector for the rear light harness.

Fixed my RR blinker not working! All I did was clean out the connecter where the bulb slides in and viola! working blinker and brake light! Maybe this fix will resolve the OP issue...

Thanks to all!
    chandlerbingfl

...Maybe this fix will resolve the OP issue...
    Nope, mine was a dead bulb. It is fixed now!

Default I'm still having this problem

Fixed my RR blinker not working! All I did was clean out the connecter where the bulb slides in and viola! working blinker and brake light! Maybe this fix will resolve the OP issue...

Thanks to all!
    chandlerbingfl
    You said you cleaned out the bulb socket -- but you also said your lights worked perfectly before. I'm confused!

I count 3 bulbs -- all 3 of them are good bulbs. However, when I turn on the right turn signal, the rear turn signal light doesn't flash, and in the vehicle meanwhile the turn signal flashes/clicks very fast.

I tried braking, using the headlights, etc. and all the bulbs seem to work on their own. It's just the turn signal that's messed up.

Check the connector as mentioned... it that's not it most likely a bad ground.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by