GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: New truck

Default New truck

Hey all. Just a short introduction. A lot of great info here. I purchased a new truck Friday. 2012 Silverado Z-71 Ext Cab All Star. Walked out the door for $30,528. How do you think I did? It has about 150 miles on it now, and leaps and bounds over the 06 Dodge mega cab laramie I traded in. I'm a member of many automotive forums as I'm a bit of a gear head.
    I have a couple questions concerning this truck though.
    One is what are you all using for a single 10" subwoofer box in these extended cabs?
    Two - What performance tuner works for the 2012? I looked around at Diablo as that's what my Dodge had. Didn't seem like they had an offering for a '12?
    Three- Universal garage door opener. Does someone have a part number for the overhead console that has it? No sliding window, no sunroof.
    Four- What's the process and part numbers required for remote start? I have the AP8 code in the glovebox but still a big foggy on the process.

Thanks in advance!
    Trev
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails z71.jpg  

Welcome to the club!! Congrats on the new ride.
    I have the Diablo in my 11'. I would say send a PM to 06monteSS. He is a Diablo tuner and reseller.

To the Site Trev............Regarding the Factory Remote Start, as your Silverado has RPO Code AP8, which is the Factory Remote Starter Prep-Package, you would need to do the Following,

......and that
    is buying from G.M. Accessory's or your Local G.M./Chevy Dealer.......the Factory Remote Starter System, The Kit includes Two Remote Fobs and an Unlock Security Code that the Dealer needs when they call G.M.......This System MUST be Programmed by your Local G.M./Chevy Dealer.....Once the programing is done....you would have the Factory Remote Start on your Silverado.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club and congrats on your new ride!!! Very nice!

*Response to question 1: 10" Kicker w/Subthump Box
    *Response to question 2: The Diablo Trinity T-1000 should work (unless the 8th digit of your VIN is a "G")

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Nice truck for sure, Love that red.
    1994 Mustang Svt Cobra
    2005 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab 4x4