GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default Had some FUN today.. A flight and a FAST DRIVE......

Well I did not get to go up for a flight in these BUT they did fly over our warehouse Lunch time. They stay at the Local Airport during Fleet week..

Now that SRT-8 I did get to drive today, I know I get to have all the Fun.. They had a corse set up at the Medowlands.. Very!!! Fast and with those Pirelli Tires... WOW!! Love them...I know it's a Jupe.. But it's a FAST one..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	srt4.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	39893Click image for larger version. 

Name:	srt3.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	39894Click image for larger version. 

Name:	srt2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	39895Click image for larger version. 

Name:	srt.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	39896
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

eh, i see V-22s and blackhawks here all the time. rarely a week goes by my house dosnt get bussed by something. that and chinooks, lots of those.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Now that SRT-8 I did get to drive today, I know I get to have all the Fun
    you're making me miss my 2006 300C SRT8.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    you're making me miss my 2006 300C SRT8.
    Do you miss the 8-10 MPG?
    But it is a Fun drive.. Wish GM would wake up and build one..

We're starting to get Blackhawks flying over kinda regularly. Might be headed out to JRB/NAS Belle Chasse (again ) with the Navy crew in a few weeks and getting a tour of Navy aircraft (F-18s and the Marine Helos and Navy Helos if one is present).

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Do you miss the 8-10 MPG?
    But it is a Fun drive.. Wish GM would wake up and build one..
    I actually got about ~11.5mpg (with my foot in it A LOT). The reality with those cars is that if you have concerns about the price of fuel ... you shouldn't have purchased that particular type of toy. I see trucks in a similar vein except they're a lot more functional -- i.e. not just toys.

My dads Fire protection company has a contract with Lockheed I get to see all types of crazy birds in there
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Hill Air Force base is just around the corner and those midnight low fly bys really wake you up. Especially when the windows shattter.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"