GM Truck Club
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Question Roll bar (or whatever its called) for 07s?

    I know they're kinda way outta style, but I want a roll bar for my 07 crew cab Silverado to mount 4 KCs on. Yall know what im talkin about...heres GoRhinos version with 2 bars: Problem is, I dont want the 2 bar version. Someone used to make one, two, and three bar versions but I've been asking around and no one seems to know anyone who still does. It does not need to be functional, won't be frame mounted (just bolted to the bed), and I just want it for the looks and to mount the lights on, and maybe a bolt spot for dual 2' CB antennas. Any information would be great. Thanks.

    If you see me comin' better step aside...
    Alotta men didn't and alotta men died...
    One hand holds Betsy, the other one steel...
    If the crowbar don't get ya then the scattergun will...

  2. #2


    truckers call those "headache racks". As to where you can find them, you may want to try your local camper-top dealer. I know my local camper-top dealr has all sorts of stuff for trucks, including nerf bars and hitches.

    1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

    There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

  3. #3


    Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
    truckers call those "headache racks". As to where you can find them, you may want to try your local camper-top dealer. I know my local camper-top dealr has all sorts of stuff for trucks, including nerf bars and hitches.
    No the last thing on earth i want is a headache rack. I want the roll bar style like that link i sent

    is nothing atall like a headache rack:

  4. #4
    finalday7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Sayward, B.C Canada


    I know for a fact GoRhino carrie the triple/double as well but I can't seem to find it now. Check out they should have a number there to call and ask.

    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.

  5. #5

    dwill3015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Yacolt, Washington
    Blog Entries


    Back in the day, Smittybilt was tops for tube bumpers and roll bars. I went to their site and they look like they specialize in Jeep products now and don't have roll bars. I Googled and found this site with a few to choose from. Good luck!
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

  6. #6


    Check out a local welder/fabricator shop. I bet they would make you just what you want for around the price of the headache rack you posted.

    You don’t say where you are from, I’m here in Maine and would be more than happy to make you one anyway you want but I bet it would cost more to ship it than to build it. So look around locally.

    Other than that I would try all the local parts stores that have accessories like push bars, steps, and the like.

    Technology is great, when it Works,
    And one Big Pain in the Ass When it Doesnít.
    Detroit Iron Rules, All the Rest are Just Toys.
    94 GMC Burban, 5.7L (350), 4X4, Auto
    86 GMC Burban, 350, 2 WD, Auto
    79 GMC pickup plow truck, 400, Full time 4X4, Auto
    86 Pontiac Fiero SE, 2.8L, Auto, only mid engine American car
    See a Pattern yet?

    15 year GM assembly line worker.

  7. #7


    back in the day, I had a 98 tahoe n all this junk was all anyone can tell me is GoRhino with their double bar roll bar. Checking around is a good idea, all someone would need would be a pipe bender and some experience. Thanks for that suggestion. I am in Oklahoma.

Similar Threads

  1. What's this part called?
    By RyanLGM in forum Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)
    Replies: 3
    Last: 05-03-2009, 01:55 PM
  2. What is is called?
    By joesmo in forum General Chevy & GM Tech Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last: 04-30-2009, 07:16 PM
  3. Roll bar (or whatever its called) for 07s?
    By NRAsticker in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)
    Replies: 7
    Last: 01-14-2009, 06:16 PM
  4. Fordís new subcompact will be called Fiesta
    By ChevyFan in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last: 02-14-2008, 06:40 PM
  5. What is the FI on the W/T called exactly
    By reDONKulus in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)
    Replies: 0
    Last: 05-03-2007, 03:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts