GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Couple new additions, couple more questions

Well its been quite a while since i've posted around here. I've added a few new things recently and have some more projects in the works already. Anyways pictures are worth a thousand words so here we go.

Wheel well liners, definitely a must have just because of the simple fact they make it so much easier to clean mud up.

But the big project was wiring up some LED lights for the bed. It turned out pretty well I think, major PITA to run wires although I made it difficult because of where I wanted my switch.

Anyways on to some questions, first up how can I pull out the plastic box between the power outlets? Do I have to pull the entire dash apart or what?

Second question, I am thinking of making a lighted door sill similar to this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dannycruz837-albums-illuminated+door+sills-picture140396-night-hella-bright.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	39921

Anyone ever done something similar? I've pretty well got it planned out, I think I'm gonna try to do it with SILVERADO.

Anyways thats all for now, I've got a set of foglights coming that should fit in the factory openings but actually provide enough light to be worth having. If it all works out well I'll have a set of factory fog lights for sale.

2008 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab

Spray in bedliner, Coverking seat covers, Bushwhacker bed caps, Lund bug guard, Husky splash guards, Weathertech floormats, rear wheel well liners, toolbox, Raptor Series running boards

Soon to be attending Kettering University

So do you have those factory fogs for sale?
    02 Silverado 2500hd|496ci bigblock|Botch fuel pump replacement|True dual Magnaflows|UV-10 Jensen head unit|All four speaker Kickers|Kicker tweeters|10in Kicker sub|250watt Kicker Amp|Volant Cold Airintake|PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer|33in Nitto Trail Grapplers|8000k Hid Halo Lights

stewart7225 - Does the wheel liners hold the road noise? Is it any louder in the cab with the liners installed?

Won't know for sure about the fogs until I get the new ones here and installed. If the new ones won't fit in the factory holes then I will be keeping the factory fogs.

I don't think that the liners change the noise level any. The only difference is that I can hear more rocks that my tires kick up but that is only on gravel roads and due to my A/T tires.

Spray in bedliner, Coverking seat covers, Bushwhacker bed caps, Lund bug guard, Husky splash guards, Weathertech floormats, rear wheel well liners, toolbox, Raptor Series running boards

i pulled the whole cover off its just held by clips. i know the holder comes out but i had my dash face off anyways since i was doing my stereo and i drilled a hole for my amp knob so i oculd turn up the bass or turn it down when i wanted

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

Did you every get the LED lights done successfully?
    02 Silverado 2500hd|496ci bigblock|Botch fuel pump replacement|True dual Magnaflows|UV-10 Jensen head unit|All four speaker Kickers|Kicker tweeters|10in Kicker sub|250watt Kicker Amp|Volant Cold Airintake|PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer|33in Nitto Trail Grapplers|8000k Hid Halo Lights

Quote Originally Posted by Jason2325 View Post
    Did you every get the LED lights done successfully?
    Chickened out until I can find a cheap set of replacements in case I screw up lol.

I do believe it can be done fairly easily but I still would like a spare set of door sills to work on.

I did get my fog light replacements in, so if anyone is interested I do have a set of factory fog lights for sale.

Check out my forum on what I want to do it's kinda of similar to you. Let me know what you think.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...838#post483838