GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default True Meaning of Memorial Day

We all enjoy a long weekend off to celebrate the beginning of summer. But while you are celebrating remember all those who have payed the ultimate sacrifice for you to be able to do so. Also keep the families and friends of those serving today in your thoughts. The Marines, Sailors, Soldiers, and Air Force personel serve along side many civilian contractors that help them to complete the mission at hand. To all who are currently serving abroad keep your head on a swivel and we will see ya when you get back. Semper Fi!!

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    We all enjoy a long weekend off to celebrate the beginning of summer. But while you are celebrating remember all those who have payed the ultimate sacrifice for you to be able to do so. Also keep the families and friends of those serving today in your thoughts. The Marines, Sailors, Soldiers, and Air Force personel serve along side many civilian contractors that help them to complete the mission at hand. To all who are currently serving abroad keep your head on a swivel and we will see ya when you get back. Semper Fi!!

Good post. I've had to explain the difference between Memorial Day and Veteran's Day every year, more than once.

I'll be out Sunday setting flags. We set flags on every veteran's grave in the region- county, reservation cemetary, and the local columbarium. We do the services on Monday at all three.

It's important to remember why we have the holiday, indeed. Go have fun, camp with the kids, but give a few minutes or hours to teach and remember.
    Christof
    1989 GMC Suburban
    wife (RN), 3 children (4th is due in spring), 23 goats (unless I butchered one)
    Homeschooler, shooter, VFW, Desert Rat.

Great post, Thanks to all who have served and are serving our country and especially to the families that have lost a loved one in service. You are always on my mind. Freedom is not free and our service members pay the price. God bless you all.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Thanks for sharing this. I hope everyone who gets time off, appreciates it and understands that what we have is very unique in human history. Very unique and exceptional. Thanks for all who have served this country and have given everything.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

i hate saying this one word but HOOAH, great post ive already seen flags placed by the headstones of fallen brothers and sisters i know i will be having one for the ones that we lost hope everyone stays safe
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

As I got older I realized so how young the soilders were that served and gave so much

2012 Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    Thanks for the post. For many it is a given( remembering) but for others they need continual reminders. May we never forget the sacrifices that so many have made so we can enjoy so much. I will be attending a ceremony at the VA and 2 local cemeteries with flags donated by the widow of a fallen Soldier.
    Very humbling moments , picnics are secondary.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"