GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2012 fishing season

ok guys i know fishing has started up here and im sure it has through out the country. i know there are a lot of fishers on the site, let see what youve caught so far! i sadly havent been able to get out yet, but there is a big ole small mouth that lives under the dock at my cabin that i will get this year, good luck to everyone out there
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

I really need to buy another camera but a list will do: (and yes I really do count them )
    Largemouth Bass - 216 to date
    Speckled Trout (aka Spotted Seatrout) - 43 to date
    Redfish - 73 to date
    Bream (panfish to the norhterners) - 31 to date
    Sacalait (crappie/panfish to the northerners) - 114 to date
    Catfish - 31

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

I got this very nice Ahi Tuna steak at the grocer yesterday . Does that count?
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

dang riley thats a lot keep it up, and coach ill let it slide
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

Don't worry man, you're not alone. I haven't got out this season yet either :(

By next season I will hopefully have a boat and be able to go out on the Ohio river on the weekends. Really good bass out there and I even caught an alligator garr once. Ferocious.
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

Make that 217 bass to date. Caught one this morning in the bayou. Thats about it really

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment

Pictures would be cool to see of your cathces. Whether it be small mouth, big mouth, sea bass, halibut, salmon,brookies,ling cod, etc.... show us yers
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    Make that 217 bass to date. Caught one this morning in the bayou. Thats about it really
    When you add up the costs for the boat, boat registration, trailer registration (if your state has it), poles, reels, tackle, bait, gas (for boat and truck to get the boat there), trolling motor, life preservers, paddle, and all other essentials for fishing from a boat -- how much did each of those bass cost you?

Just curious what the ROI (return on investment) is on a per-bass basis. Note I'm discounting your time even though you probably expect to earn a wage when giving your time to something; I figure you'll fish for free.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    When you add up the costs for the boat, boat registration, trailer registration (if your state has it), poles, reels, tackle, bait, gas (for boat and truck to get the boat there), trolling motor, life preservers, paddle, and all other essentials for fishing from a boat -- how much did each of those bass cost you?

Just curious what the ROI (return on investment) is on a per-bass basis. Note I'm discounting your time even though you probably expect to earn a wage when giving your time to something; I figure you'll fish for free.

I don't even wanna think about cost per fish right now...Its my brothers boat and some of his rods but I pay for it when I take it out with gas.

Current:
    Future:

the boat has gas? is that a bit embarrassing when fishing?

For me, although not as fun, it is easier to give fish hooks to a friend and receive fish as a gesture of his thanks. 2 small mouth, 1 Kokanee and half a dozen rainbow trout
    oldfart2413@gmail.com