GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by

The only other truck I would consider would be an early early 70's-early 80's Datsun pickup, can't beat the mileage and they are built tough as nails for their size. You won't get anywhere fast but I had a blast in my 83 Datsun. R.I.P.
    Old Show Trucks USA conversion
    Custom Paint, interior (Wood grain and leather seats) windows so dark you need a flash light to see me, stock rims, headers, dual exhaust.

Dodge cummins equipped, hands down for a pick up.
    Any truck? A good old Pete
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

well, ANY truck? i change mine to one of those new peterbuilt semis.... a 389 maybe.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

369,379,389. If someone is giving them away I would not be too picky . The styling is on target and the new aero styles are hideous.

alot of the new semis are just ugly. some of the new macks look nice tho.

Alex

Well before I picked up Betty, I did take a Nissan Titan and Xterra for a test drive. Wasn't too impressed with either. However, I'd have to say I'd probably pick up a Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD.

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Extended Cab Z71 4X4 5.3L Flex Fuel
    MagnaFlow single in duel out system
    Volant CAI & Ram Air Scoop with Power Core Filter
    Rhino Tuff Grip Spray in Bed liner
    Undercover Classic Tonneau
    Trail FX Bug "deflector"
    AVS Window Deflectors
    Black Powder Coated Nerf Bars
    RECON L.E.D. Interior, 3rd Cab light, Projector headlights, and Taillights
    ATX Crawl Wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain tires
    CalTrend Neoprene seat covers
    2" leveling kit from Max Trac
    Diablo Trinity with Diablew Tune

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    369,379,389. If someone is giving them away I would not be too picky . The styling is on target and the new aero styles are hideous.
    If I had my own OTR big truck would be a Freightliner Classic/Detroit or Kenworth W900/Cat. Mack CH series with 400 eng. for local heavy hauling

Quote Originally Posted by Drake_korthos View Post
    Well before I picked up Betty, I did take a Nissan Titan and Xterra for a test drive. Wasn't too impressed with either. However, I'd have to say I'd probably pick up a Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD.
    I also test drove a Titan before picking up my current Sierra. The body felt like it was made of plastic, and that 5.6 V8 has no balls.
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

Blog Entries

I would go with either a F-150 crew cab, i have rented a couple of those and had owned one years ago, or I would look in the Dodge line up.
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    I love my truck!
    It's a "pretty truck" :gasp:
    Yep I said pretty, cause men it's a girls truck !

Quote Originally Posted by Denise View Post
    I would go with either a F-150 crew cab, i have rented a couple of those and had owned one years ago, or I would look in the Dodge line up.

Oh Denise bite yer tongue Hey good to see you back on site after yer vacation.
    Seriously though I have to thank those guys that put their problems in a Blue oval. Because with out them my tools would rust. Oh Just Smile and Have a Great day

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jnbama View Post
    If I had my own OTR big truck would be a Freightliner Classic/Detroit or Kenworth W900/Cat. Mack CH series with 400 eng. for local heavy hauling

Well I tend to agree on the Freightliner with the Detroit as it got the best fuel mileage of all the trucks in a fleet I managed. It Beat the KW and Volvo's hands down.
    But a PETE just can't be beat for style and Prestige. Kinda like the Bowtie of class 8 trucks.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by