GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by coach24 View Post
    oh denise bite yer tongue Hey good to see you back on site after yer vacation.
    Seriously though i have to thank those guys that put their problems in a blue oval. Because with out them my tools would rust. Oh just smile and have a great day

---------- post added at 01:07 pm ---------- previous post was at 01:02 pm ----------

well i tend to agree on the freightliner with the detroit as it got the best fuel mileage of all the trucks in a fleet i managed. It beat the kw and volvo's hands down.
    But a pete just can't be beat for style and prestige. Kinda like the bowtie of class 8 trucks.
    old truck drives never die, they just get a new peterbilt
    2012 4.8 LS

Quote Originally Posted by jnbama View Post
    old truck drives never die, they just get a new peterbilt
    I hope this is true , s my father was a Huge Pete fan and drove other varieties only when his Pete was in for repairs(rarely). He also was a huge Bowtie Fan and I can not remember anything but GM in our drive way.
    Dad had the following that I know of;
    48 Gmc Pick up
    53 GMC pU
    57 Chevy impala
    58 Belair
    61 Nomad wagon
    64 Jet star Olds
    63 Chevy PU
    63 Buick Wildcat
    66 Skylark
    48 Pontiac
    53 Chieftan
    78 Chevy PU
    2000 Olds alero ( current daily driver with 240,000 miles)

Sadly now dad doesn't drive but he enjoys going for rides in My silverado when I am able to go get him. Last road trip was to Ely , Nevada to ride the Ghost train and he still talks about the ride. That was over a year ago.
    Today my Father turned 77 And I arranged for a ride in a Pete like he used to drive. Dad's vision is gone but he still loves the sounds, smells and vibrations of a PETE or an old Chevy with the headers uncorked. Oh yeah, that will happen today as well thanks to a very old friend with a 69 Camaro.

Pardon me But HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! DAD
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    I hope this is true , s my father was a Huge Pete fan and drove other varieties only when his Pete was in for repairs(rarely). He also was a huge Bowtie Fan and I can not remember anything but GM in our drive way.
    Dad had the following that I know of;
    48 Gmc Pick up
    53 GMC pU
    57 Chevy impala
    58 Belair
    61 Nomad wagon
    64 Jet star Olds
    63 Chevy PU
    63 Buick Wildcat
    66 Skylark
    48 Pontiac
    53 Chieftan
    78 Chevy PU
    2000 Olds alero ( current daily driver with 240,000 miles)

Sadly now dad doesn't drive but he enjoys going for rides in My silverado when I am able to go get him. Last road trip was to Ely , Nevada to ride the Ghost train and he still talks about the ride. That was over a year ago.
    Today my Father turned 77 And I arranged for a ride in a Pete like he used to drive. Dad's vision is gone but he still loves the sounds, smells and vibrations of a PETE or an old Chevy with the headers uncorked. Oh yeah, that will happen today as well thanks to a very old friend with a 69 Camaro.

Pardon me But HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! DAD
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!
    2012 4.8 LS

Blog Entries

I would probably get a smaller crew cab truck, like a Dakota or a Tacoma. Honestly though, I would just stick with a GM just because I like them more as far as looks go (excluding older Fords and Dodges).

As far as big rigs go, I hate our Peterbilts that we have at work. They are constantly in the shop thanks to that new DPF crap they put on the trucks. One truck only has about 70,000 miles on it, and already the fuel injectors are shot. It's also gone through two turbos, and a crank case filter. And that's just one of the three bobtails. The newest one actually has the urea injection system on it and only has just under 15,000 miles so we will see if we get any issues with it (other than it already loosing a motor mount bolt in a customers driveway :D)

My 06 T300 KW work truck has about 105,000 miles and only has had a few minor things like a wheel seal and some radiator hoses replaced. Also a lot more comfortable and easier to drive. The Freightliners in our fleet are good trucks too, other than the dashes falling apart (thanks to their wonderful shaking ;D)
    Last edited by Jimmeh; 06-03-2012 at 10:18 PM.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Wow! Where were they manufactured? In the Mexico plant? Saddest day was when Paccar acquired Peterbilt and added their KW stuff to the name. I know when I got eight new Freighliner cab overs they were all different in assembly even thought they were all spec'd the same. 3 had no paint on the chassis and one even came with out a radiator. All Brand new assembled in Mexico.
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

See some people consider a Wrangler a truck, but I do not. A Wrangler is a Wrangler.lol But If that chose is included there is no doubt I would get 2012 Wrangler Call of Duty – MW3 Edition with duel tops.

If not that for sure this- 2012 Ford Raptor Super Crew
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

If I had to pick a non-GM truck it would probably be a F-150 like what my 1SG has. His is super nice and I'm almost a little jealous of it. That, and I just can't trust the transmissions on Dodges. If it wasn't for the tranny it would be a close one.
    93 Suburban (Southern Slayer): TBI 350, 4L60E
    73 Z28 Camaro: L82, TKO 600

KJ4CLI

"...Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back..."

Go with a manual trans on Dodge and you be fine
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

Go with a manual trans on Dodge and you be fine
    I drove a 05' Ram 2500 manual with the 5.7 HEMI, and that thing would probably leave my 5.3 in the dust.

Of course I'd take my truck over it anyday... but Dodge's are mean, no doubt.
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

Wow! Where were they manufactured? In the Mexico plant? Saddest day was when Paccar acquired Peterbilt and added their KW stuff to the name. I know when I got eight new Freighliner cab overs they were all different in assembly even thought they were all spec'd the same. 3 had no paint on the chassis and one even came with out a radiator. All Brand new assembled in Mexico.
    Like everything else the newer big trucks are built cheap,
    2012 4.8 LS

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast