GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default thoughts for a better ride.

I have an 07 silverado with a 2/4 in drop shocks in the back have been replaced but the ride it self isn't too good I hit a bump or hole ad it goes nuts.

I hear replacing the springs and struts in the front would help. any ideas?

Sorry to refer you to another forum but there is a butt ton of info on the FSC forum for lowered trucks.
    Old Show Trucks USA conversion
    Custom Paint, interior (Wood grain and leather seats) windows so dark you need a flash light to see me, stock rims, headers, dual exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by metalsystem761 View Post
    I have an 07 silverado with a 2/4 in drop shocks in the back have been replaced but the ride it self isn't too good I hit a bump or hole ad it goes nuts.

I hear replacing the springs and struts in the front would help. any ideas?
    Whats your current setup parts wise? Does the front of the truck go crazy when hitting a bump or is it the rear?
    Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.

You arent hitting the bump stops are you?
    2/4 isnt that much of a drop for these trucks, I know a few runningnthis amount of drop and they havent had problems like this.

this is the DJM2507-2/4 kit

lower control arm and shackle hanger brackets. and its a flip above the leaf springs now.

I replaced the rear shocks with Belltech Street Performance Shock Absorber. and some people tell me do the springs in the front next and some say the struts. which eventually I'll do both but wondered some say the 2in drop springs would lower it more? and some say the 2in will stay the way it sits?

also yes when I hit a small bump or anything anything on the road that's barley unleveled it shacks like no other like its about to fall apart and so does the interior like its ready to just jump off. the rear might be fine but one of the leaf springs looks a little off but not too much