GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Hybrid View

Default Guy buys a $70,000 ram

I read this earlier today and found it interesting

http://autos.aol.com/gallery/70k-trucks/?ncid=webmail8

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I would never need that expensive of a truck nor would I be paying sticker price but if someone needs it then it's worth it. Especially if you can afford it. Cool post
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

hey if the guy wants to spendthat kind of dough, thats his business. the problem gets to be that GM and dodge and ford see people buying trucks for those kinds of prices, and figure that lots of people will pay that kind of money.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

The dealership I frequent for service normally has 3 $65k or better priced trucks sitting in the showroom, a lot of times one of them will be a gas LTZ with every option available, dont know if they sell them or just swap them out for a different truck but the same truck is never in the showroom.
    The average truck going out the door is a crewcab LT 1500, Texas edition priced at $39k after adding dealer options, once you start adding any other extras the price climbs real fast.
    Definately way more than I'd pay for a truck but there are people out there that will pay the price, keep in mind the dealership and GM are gonna make their profit, better they make it off someone else than us.

Quoted from the article:
    "I spend 50 percent of my time in my truck, so my philosophy is to get the best."

My thoughts on that comment:
    Clearly the man's philosophy is broken, as he'd have bought a GM truck if he got the best.

I wonder what his gallons per mile is?

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

About 10-15 at tops... And A ride that will loosen his Fillings in his teeth....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Legend
    Blog Entries

My car came with heated steering. Nice feature, lot harder to loose than gloves are too! Lol

a POS dodge is still a POS dodge no matter how much money one could spend on it.

Anyways, real pickup trucks DO NOT have leather interiors. That's not a truck anymore.

And what is with all these wimpy dodges with brush guards. It seems up here in Wisco the dodge boys put those things on their poor excuses for a pickup. Maybe they think that makes there truck look tuff. I don't.know...Maybe it's like the guy who feels inadequate and needs to buy a 200,000 sports car.
    Lerch
    This is Chevy Country.

Only way a Ram costs $70K is because he must have pre purchased the service program and loaner truck since that POS will spend more time in the shop than on the road

2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE 4WD/Z71 Crew Cab Gray Green Metallic 6.0 Gas 6spd Auto 3.73 gears, HD locking rear differential. 18"Alum Wheels (Stock) Stock Michelin LTX AT-II Tires, Banks Monster Exhaust, Westin Platinum SS Oval Step Bars, EGR Window Deflectors, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Front and back Weathertech Digitech liners. Factory Remote Start with Onstar App on iPhone.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE Black 4WD 4.2 175,000 Miles all original drivetrain and runs like a champ and no rust or rot!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by