GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Mossy Oak Dash Trim

I HATE the look of woodgrain in a truck, so I wanted to put in Mossy Oak Camo. After looking online for pre-cut dash kits, I could not find anyone out there that does this. I also looked into "hydro-dipping", but you had to send your dash off for 4-6 weeks and it cost nearly $800 for official Mossy Oak Camo. So I decided to go to MossyOakGraphics.com; which is an official Mossy Oak dealer, and bought high grade vinyl for the truck to do myself. I have used their gun wraps and they work excellent. So the vinyl and exacto knife bought together cost me a total of $50 and after nearly 5 hours of slow meticulous work, I finally got the Mossy Oak dash I have been wanting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0345.jpg   IMG_0346.jpg   IMG_0347.jpg  

that looks badass dude! i reallly like it. how long did it take them to send the wrap to you??

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Not my style. But it looks well done and quite unique. Nice work.

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    that looks badass dude! i reallly like it. how long did it take them to send the wrap to you??

Alex

Priority Mail, so like 3-5 days. Really good quality stuff too.

Looks real good I have been planning on doing this to my truck also. Great job!

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4 LT 5.3
    Black Westin Brush Guard
    Blacked Out Bowties
    30% Tint Front Side Windows
    15% Tint Front

Sr. Mechanic

That looks great, now you have me thinking...
    2008 Silverado LT 5.3, Rancho 4", 18x9 XD Addicts, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grappler m/t's, Westin brush guard, Go Rino steps, Truxedo lo pro cover, magnaflow, tow mirrors.

Master Mechanic

Hey that looks pretty cool and I agree that it looks better than the wood grain. The light colors in the camo tie out nicely with the color of your interior.
    Nice Job!

Looks good, not my style either but you did a great job at customizing your truck.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Looks great man. I like camo in trucks, but I like my woodgrain too. My Mossy Oak air freshner is plenty of camo for me. But you did and awesome job and you should be proud of something that looks that good.
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

As others have said it is not something I would do. But you did a really nice job. Just an FYI. There is a member of this forum that has a hydrodipping business and gives a discount to forum members. But with the product you got it looks like you have what you need.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by