GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some ideas

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Any functionality loss?
    nope... could even be some gain, since the tune templates have been updated since we did your tune last I think - and there are some additional parameters that have been added in the newer tune templates... what's your email and I can look up your files on my PC....
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Do these tuners have to stay plugged into the truck in order for them to work? I've never used one and don't know so I thought I'd ask. I know you leave them in to monitor things and look at what is actually going on in real time with your truck, but honestly, I'd rather just install a tune, unplug it and go. This can be done with a couple other programmers but I haven't been able to find if it can be done with the Diablo tuners. For me it's a huge selling point. I don't want to set something on the seat, and I don't want to have another guage sitting on my dash or pillar.

Legend

Blog Entries

Regarding the Predator, you plug it in, load your tune, and then unplug. Not sure about the other two.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

no, none of them have to stay plugged in... mine sits on a shelf in my desk, heh....

the only time you HAVE to connect it to the vehicle, is when you're flashing/installing a tune to it, or when recording a data log, or when scanning for/clearing trouble codes... that's it... other than that, you can unplug it and keep it wherever you like... ;)

Thanks for the reply. My truck runs really great right now, but I've been thinking about researching something that was affordable that might make it run a little better. I'll keep that in mind, now it's time to start a new stash of savings to get one.

Apologies for responding to this thread but I also want to ask if these programmers are very easy to use. A friend of mine suggested to use a tune on my Silverado but it’s also my first time to use it.

yes, they're not that hard to use... plenty of help/support available on the diablosport forum, as well as from me personally... they have a touchscreen interface... full user manuals are available for download on diablo's website - which you can download and check out if you want... plus when it comes to the custom tuning, I have step-by-step info/instructions that I've written up... so no worries... ;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12